Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Beginner Home User looking for affordable plan

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I bought my CS3 Creative Design Student Version package almost 7years ago. Since the cd-installed software have been cancelled and creative cloud is the only option. However, just to give an indication, this version has been sufficient for the stuff I needed to do.

I am an ad-hoc, home-user of mainly Illustrator and sometimes Photoshop ( I use this once in 3 months for instance). I have self-taught myself, am not a graphic designer, but still need to use the software for textile design projects, proposals and my kids' school projects. I prefer working in vectors.

Recently my software have started crashing and I know it's not possible to renew. However, with me living in South Africa, the 149$pm option is way to expensive and not justifiable for how irregular I use it, and it is not for profitable gain.

Are there any other options available where I can purchase Illustrator individually?

Ps. Also I have heard that Illustrator will be discontinuing? With what program will it be replaced?

Hope to hear from anyone who knows more than I do

Regards

Liesl

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

1. You could still use CS3 on older systems. There only is an issue with registration Blank registration screen in Adobe Creative Suite 3 products But that can be solved.

2. Apart from educational or maybe non-profit licenses Adobe nonprofit pricing discounts & programs  there is no option available to get a cheaper license

3. You could try open source apps, such as Inkscape, GIMP or Scribus as an alternative.

Which kinds of functions do you need in Illustrator? In the sense of: you rely on them an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You could still use CS3 on older systems. There only is an issue with registration Blank registration screen in Adobe Creative Suite 3 products But that can be solved.

2. Apart from educational or maybe non-profit licenses Adobe nonprofit pricing discounts & programs  there is no option available to get a cheaper license

3. You could try open source apps, such as Inkscape, GIMP or Scribus as an alternative.

Which kinds of functions do you need in Illustrator? In the sense of: you rely on them and wouldn't want to live without.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator is not being discontinued.

You can purchase a monthly subscription to just Illustrator (single app plan) for $19.99/mo. US.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of these vector drawing programs can be had without a rental fee, range in price from $600 US to free, and would be fine for the uses you describe and much more. People do commercial quality work in all of them:

ACD Canvas (Deneba Canvas). ~$600.
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite. Includes Photopaint and more. ~$450 (current promotion).
Xara Designer Pro. Vector, raster, and web. ~$300.
Serif Affinity Designer. (Affinity Photo also available; Affinity Publisher under development.) ~$50 each.
Inkscape. Free. Open-source.

Gravit Designer. Free.

There is no reason to fear learning your way around a different drawing program.

JET

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's a new contest to win a year's subscription to the Adobe Creative Cloud. Enter now through Dec. 31, 2017.

https://makeitimpactful.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines