• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC 2015 Super Slow

New Here ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a brand new MacBook Pro (retina, 2.5 GHz, 16 GB memory) and Illustrator CC is super slow on it. The program is just working sluggish and at times goes unresponsive for a minute or so when I'm saving any kind of file over 5 MB. Seems like I read that others have had this issue, but I didn't see any fix solutions.

I just updated to OS X El Capitan and that didn't seem to help things. I had the computer looked over at the Mac store and everything seems to be good. Any fixes I can try with the Adobe software? I've thought of uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that makes a difference?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Hi Guys,

I had the same problem, I just deleted all preferences.

Do the following:

Got to folder - /users/username/library/application support/adobe

Then delete everything in the Adobe folder and restart your Mac.

Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

Before you go for re-installation, please try these steps :

1. Reset the AI preferences. In order to do that, Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Illustrator.

2. Follow this link to improve performance of AI : How to improve Illustrator performance on Mac OS X

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Illustrator CC 2015 is very slow. I have a file containing 3000 squares, simple shapes with no effects applied. Just trying to select them all takes many seconds. Moving them is almost impossible.

I opened the same file in Affinity Designer and that app has absolutely no problem selecting and moving the squares with NO DELAY, no busy cursors. Buttery smooth.

Disabling GPU Preview helps only a tiny bit. Running in outline view is better, but come on... we're not in 1990s anymore.

I did most of the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the message above but nothing changed.

This problem occurs on both OS X and Windows on the same computer.

Running Illustrator CC 2015.2.1

Late 2013 15" Retina MacBook Pro

2 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to mention that working with the same file using the new 2015.3 version is a little bit better. Still slow, but a little bit more reliable. At least I was able to select and move around those 3000 squares and it "only" took 5-6 seconds to complete the operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry I tried what you said still Ai running slow AF, even if I upgraded to the newest MacBook Pro and updated to the latest version of Ai CC. I am paying $50 a month I expect a much better service and software. I can't start to explain my disappointment in having a new $3K computer plus $50 a month in your softwares and now my performance is twice as slow as on my old computer with unregistered old versions of Ai CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think I have the same problem. Running Windows 10, intel i5, 16gb ram, nvidia geforce 560 gtx 560 se. Had the same problem with Ai CC 2015, so I downgraded to 2014. Now trying the 2015.3 and the same goes on.

Opening Illustrator at first is ok, but after opening 3 files and working on more than one file simultaneously it becomes  veeeeeerrryyyyy sloooooow, and getting slower and slower.

Everything happens a couple of seconds after you click, move, type a shortcut, try to open any menu windows... when changing from one open file to another, inside Ai viewports, Illustrator window glitches, becomes smaller, and then maximizes back again.

So I tried turning off the GPU performance and now it is fast and normal, so far.

But I wish to find a way to use my GPU, if it can really make things better in Ai. I dont belive my GPU is too weak to be used like this, makes no sense to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Intel i7 w/ 6 cores @ 3.45ghz - Win 8.1, 32gbram, nvidia 980Ti. OS m4.SSD, storage SSD Just did the update and some of our work files are completely unusable. Takes 15+ secs to save, and a few seconds to initiate any sort of drag-copy stuff. Even typing in text will be jarring. This product plain doesn't function.

Reverting to CC 2014 now.

Please reach out to me, I want this problem resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor 3.50 GHz

RAM: 16,0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 803MHz (10-10-10-27)

Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M LX/BR (AM3R2)

Graphics: BenQ RL2460H (1920x1080@60Hz)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (Gigabyte)

Storage: 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 ATA Device (SATA) 33 °C

111GB SSD2SC120G1CS1754D117-551 ATA Device (SSD)

Photoshop, After Effects, Animate, browsers, and everything else work just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! This is really frustrating!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man I have workstation 64GB Ram with two water coiling processor with Nividia Titan 12GB and it's verrryyyyy slow after couple of hours

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I had the same problem, I just deleted all preferences.

Do the following:

Got to folder - /users/username/library/application support/adobe

Then delete everything in the Adobe folder and restart your Mac.

Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about a windows machine.  How do you clear all preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the Windows version of that posted later in the thread - Didn't work

I increased my scratch disc, cleaned out my drive and I cannot get anything done in illustrator.   This is becoming a crisis as all of my marketing material is built in Illustrator and it takes me 5 reboots to create or change any item.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey PeterW,

peterw88622931​

I wanted to try this out but in this folder there are multiple other folders all equalling up to 4gbs of stuff... do I delete all of that? Im pretty terrified to delete something I shouldn't!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after all the updates Adobe has released i'm still having terrible performance with AI and PS. Getting really frustrated with having to wait for them to fix this while still paying full pop for the service. The support is terrible and when you call good luck understanding their techs who a presume are overseas. Does anyone have any insight as to why it's running so bad. sometimes my cursor even lags in AI but hardly any resources are being used. I7 5820K 32gbddr4 ssd 980ti 6gb watercooled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2016 Oct 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have horrible AI performance on an i7 4790k, 16GB RAM and a 980ti, but my hardware is never being taxed. No clue why performance is so bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 64 gig of ram 2 Nvidia 780 cards and its is soooo Slowwww. What the hell Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!

I can't work using the GPU, only with the cpu and is very slow!

i7 7930k 32gb ram and gtx780ti (updated to illustrator 2017)

Not sure if a window problem, but my 9 years old macbook pro works faster and is more stable!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is still super slow. I was hoping Illustrator CC 2017 would have solved this but it's exactly the same.

Intel i7-6800k, GTX 980ti 6GB, 32GB Ram, SSD

It's so frustrating. Instead of addressing this issue, they add meaningless bloatware to try and push Adobe Stock.

Just give us a program that works!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either Mac or Windows have the same problem, I have a new machine and its core i7 6700K, gtx 1070 8gb 32gb ram.. this specs are fast, but when I try using illustrator cc 2017, man! it was bummer. Hey Adobe, please fix this fast. We are loosing a lot of time working here. They say TIME IS GOLD!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator CC 2017 was the fastest one to need reset. Just couple of days and it was devastating slow.

I have set Illustrator settings maybe 5 times this year. Using Adobe these days is painful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To fix: Disable the GPU Performance.
GPUPerformance_Preferences_shadow.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UI performance in Illustrator CC 2017 is very bad.

I don't feel we as professionals should be forced to spend hours trying to improve performance.

Adobe, it's your job to make sure your programs work out of the box on the supported hardware.

I upgraded to a new version and a new computer and the whole user experience got a whole lot worse because the UI is so slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jan Heylen schrieb:

UI performance in Illustrator CC 2017 is very bad.

I don't feel we as professionals should be forced to spend hours trying to improve performance.

Adobe, it's your job to make sure your programs work out of the box on the supported hardware.

I upgraded to a new version and a new computer and the whole user experience got a whole lot worse because the UI is so slow.

You want this solved?

Then please create a new thread.

Describe your exact setup, system, hardeware, version

What exactly is happening?

What exactly is slow?

Which kind of ifles?

Where are files saved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any fix yet Adobe? CC2017 is still shockingly slow on a new machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines