• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC 2018 Problems

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've upgraded to CC 2018. This is what I've encountered in one day of using it. I don't know how many more issues will follow.

1. The alignment option keeps resetting to Selection even when I keep selecting "align to artboard" every time I open a new file.

2. I can't seem to export png files at 300 dpi. In fact I can't export pngs at more than 72 dpi

3. I've had a problem for the past 8 months where I can lock an object using the shortcut but I can't unlock it. This hasn't been resolved yet.

How is it that it just keeps getting worse with every single update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Please update to version 22.0.1 to get the fix for this issue.

Thank You.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi  | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

denverf  wrote

3. I've had a problem for the past 8 months where I can lock an object using the shortcut but I can't unlock it. This hasn't been resolved yet.

how are you trying to unlock it and what doesn't work? ctrl + alt + 2? clicking the lock in the layers panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl + Alt + 2 doesn't work. I've tried clearing the software cache. I've tried changing it and then changing it back in the keyboard shortcut preferences but to no avail. I can unlock objects via the layers panel but considering how much my workflow is based around keyboard shortcuts, its quite cumbersome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are threads about those issues already.

And if I read them correctly in all of them resetting the preferences solved the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done that too. It doesn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please continue discussing in this thread: Re: Unable to export quality png after 2018 update

A staff member is watching it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for the PNG issue please use this

a simple Workaround: please execute the attached javascript using File menu>Scripts>Other scripts - shortcut  CMD+F12 on MAC and CTRL+F12 on Windows

Download the script from here: https://adobe.ly/2ipew7w

Please start new threads for other issues as I am closing this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Align to Artboard not staying where I select is driving me back to 2017.   I can't find a reason why it will all of a sudden drop back to align by selection.  I used this constantly, and have for many, many years.  I know how to use this to define a Key Object vs Align to Artboard.  It is not behaving.   Adobe Support acknowledges this in a chat on Friday. 

What good is a graphic arts program that can't align objects consistently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Engraver  schrieb

Align to Artboard not staying where I select is driving me back to 2017.   I can't find a reason why it will all of a sudden drop back to align by selection.  I used this constantly, and have for many, many years.  I know how to use this to define a Key Object vs Align to Artboard.  It is not behaving.   Adobe Support acknowledges this in a chat on Friday. 

What good is a graphic arts program that can't align objects consistently?

Please continue that discussion in one of the threads that already exist about Aligning and artboards. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what was the number 1 thing on this post?

1. The alignment option keeps resetting to Selection even when I keep selecting "align to artboard" every time I open a new file.

Guess that is why a search for this bug brought me to this post.

Not sure why a search didn't bring up any of those other treads you suggest. Or why you thought my post was not in the correct place. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FIGURED IT OUT YALL.

Never posted one of these before but I too had these insane frustrations about not being able to align to the artboard. On the align toolbox:

1) Click the 3 bars on the top to select "Show Options"

Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 9.25.51 AM.png

2)  Then the "Align to" box is back in action!

Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 9.26.04 AM.png

Now we can all get our time back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the below-mentioned link.

Error exporting as PNG

Hope this helps!

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update to version 22.0.1 to get the fix for this issue.

Thank You.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi  | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "correct answer" doesn't answer the 1st question about "Align to artboard". I have the latest version 22.0.1 already. But "Align to artboard" keeps resetting. This is not only annoying - it could lead to production mistakes when unnoticed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's been reported and a fix is apparently underway:

Align to Artboard – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have problems with unlocking layers as well. So far as it looks, it says it is unlocked, but I am still not able to use most tools on it. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have a fix for Align to selection issue and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit http://adobe.ly/1Q3rCPI and get the latest build titled Adobe Illustrator CC 22.0.2  - Hot Fix.

This build is of production quality. Please feel free to use / recommend it for your day to day activity.

Warm Regards,

Nitish Agarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines