• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC 2019 - files are not opening

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no errors, just the rainbow wheel spinning endlessly and the file just does not open. I have a tonne of deadlines and a business to run. Can someone please assist me with this asap.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

An adobe technician tried to fix the issue and after over an hour of controlling my computer I was told to go to Apple as this was an apple issue! Not impressed.

Apple told me to clear out libraries and various other folders and the problem temporarily stopped, however restarted as soon as I logged into my WD Discovery app to access files on my cloud storage. The penny then dropped...for some reason, when I log into WD Discovery, my Illustrator CC files do not open, nor do they save. When I'm log

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system.

Also: when was your last computer restart?

Any third party plugins installed?

Can you create new files?

Can you open other files?

WHat exactly is in the file?

Where is it located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try reset your preferences

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (macOS) as you start Illustrator. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferencesfiles are created the next time you start Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does jack Sh... And Jack must work for Adobe. Come on Adobe your not Facebook or Google. Fix this Please!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and fixed it by downgrading illustrator to the version before then updating it. Then using the above instructions to reset preferences as you open it.

Hope this works for you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tomc45445764  wrote

I had the same problem and fixed it by downgrading illustrator to the version before then updating it. Then using the above instructions to reset preferences as you open it.

Hope this works for you too!

How did you downgrade Illustrator?
thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

On your creative cloud window go to apps and find illustrator. Click the arrow next to open/update then go to manage > other versions.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to down grade. I want it to be fixed. It's just needs to open it's own native file externally. And now anything I open in Bridge launches After Effects. Please... Adobe fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schrieb

I don't want to down grade. I want it to be fixed. It's just needs to open it's own native file externally. And now anything I open in Bridge launches After Effects. Please... Adobe fix this.

Please contact Customer Care for a login session to your system:

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

Are you facing the same issue? Does installing the previous version help? Please share a few more information like:

• OS (Exact version of Windows/MAC)
  • Version of Illustrator you are having issues with
  • Where the files are saved(Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?

Let us know if you need any further help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An adobe technician tried to fix the issue and after over an hour of controlling my computer I was told to go to Apple as this was an apple issue! Not impressed.

Apple told me to clear out libraries and various other folders and the problem temporarily stopped, however restarted as soon as I logged into my WD Discovery app to access files on my cloud storage. The penny then dropped...for some reason, when I log into WD Discovery, my Illustrator CC files do not open, nor do they save. When I'm logged out of the WD Discover app, illustrator works perfectly fine...a bit challenging since this files I need to open in illustrator are on the cloud storage that uses WD Discovery app to access them!

I have had to since resort to ditching the cloud storage and moving back to regular drives which has been a pain in the neck but at least now I can access my files and get on with tackling the backlog of work I now have as a result...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why I asked that number of questions in post #1.

You chose to not answer ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't an Apple thing It's happening to Windows 10. I have to open secondary files through Illustrator. Will not even open in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schrieb

This isn't an Apple thing It's happening to Windows 10. I have to open secondary files through Illustrator. Will not even open in Bridge.

See the answer that is marked as correct? Does that help you as well?

If not, please create a new thread and describe your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not an Apple issue. I'm on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are so sorry to hear about this issue. We have seen this issue majorly on MAC. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• Built of Windows10 (System Information)
  • Graphics Card
  • Version of Illustrator
  • Screenshots of the issue
  • Step by step workflow or a video of the issue

We are here to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows10 v1809 Build(17763.437)
Lenovo Thinkstation 710
GPU #1: NVIDIA Quadro M4000
GPU #2:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Xeon3.40GHz Dual Core 4x
32GB Ram
Illustrator (20.0.3)
Issue (not able to take screen shot)
After the first Illustrator file has been opened. It will no longer open any additional Illustrator file(s) from Bridge nore from Windows Explorer.
It can only open additional files from with in Illustrator. Double clicking on an Illustrator file or (Right-click) "Open With" Illustrator does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the details. Please check and share how the application works in Safe mode with networking (https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode ). It is a diagnostic startup mode in Windows that has limited access to network and system resources. All the third-party applications (like antivirus) are closed, except for the one (Illustrator) you manually start. Please open Illustrator there and try to open files by double-clicking or by using the bridge. If that does not help, please check how it works in Hidden admin account (How to enable the hidden Windows 10 administrator account - gHacks Tech News ).

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My files are local. and I even tried it on by default startup drive where illustrator resides.
I am an Admin with full control. Please this only started happening after upgrading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that this is happening only after the update, however, while updating sometimes permissions and preferences get affected. Please try checking in Safe mode and Hidden admin account and share results. You can also join us for a live troubleshooting session as Monika suggested. This way we will be able to do that for you and pass on the required information to the engineering team if required.

I would also suggest you to upvote this issue here: "open file" – Adobe Illustrator Feedback. The uservoice page is monitored by the engineering team and is one of the best ways of communicating with the Engineering teams regarding issues and suggestions.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I JUST discovered this!
So if Illustrator launches from opening a file it will not open any additional files
(it try's but I just get a windows spinning circle for a second)
But if I launch Illustrator by it's self (not through a file) it will open additional files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the additional information. Does it work similarly in Safe mode and hidden admin account? Did you try contacting our support team?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines