Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC crashes when saving

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I became a member of Adobe Creative Cloud a few days ago.
Today I started working in Illustrator CC, but it really bothers me that everytime I save my doccument it crashes.
Well, at least, it says that it crashes, but if I wait a couple of minutes it works again and it saved my procress.

Also when I close the program and open it again, it already crashes before I have done anything.

This is very anoying, and I wondered if I am the only one having this problem?

I am working on a Windows 7 computer, and with Illustrator CS6 I didn't had this problem at all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating crashes can be. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues and also, how you can recover unsaved documents after a crash. Please check this help article for more details.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Adobe Illustrator 2022. I can't open files in 2023 or save files that take me seconds in Adobe 2022. They really screwed up AI 2023 especially when trying to export tiffs or work with Large Format files. I haven't been able to use 2023 since it's release. It's the biggest piece of crap that has ever effected my business. I literally sat on the phone with Adobe for 4 hours trying to fix it and they said it would take a day or 2 to find a solution. All they told me was they turned the info into some higher department and they wanted me to do a bunch of crap to help them. They never even sent me the email although I wasn't going to work for them for free. It's still not fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please create a new thread and post your system info and also as many details as possible about what is happening when you are saving, where you are saving, what's in the file, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah. I already sat on the phone with someone at Adobe for 4 hours, waited 2 days and the only thing they said to me was they would email me with instruction on what I could do to help them because they needed to send it to the build team or something like that. I even showed the guy how I could open, work, and save files perfectly fine in Adobe 2022. Now, the same exact files freeze my computer and error when trying to save. It's something  Adobe broke especially when dealing with large format printing. At first I thought it was clipping masks because it now pixelates the crap out of anything I don't flatten to a tiff, but it can't only be that because I opened something without a clipping mask and it still screwed up. It sometimes takes 20 minutes to open a file in 2023 that it takes 2 minutes in 2022. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want help from this commuity, please post the info. More than 95% of people here are volunteers trying to help. We need that info and we have no access to what you shared with Customer Care. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here goes another one for you. Adobe Illustrator 2023 is absolute trash btw. I opened the same file in both 2023 and 2022 and this is what I get. The picture with this single sign that I opened in Adobe 2022(which is what I need) opens, embeds files, and saves as an .eps no problem. When I open it in Adobe 2023, I get  all these extra items(which I don't need) and it will not allow me to save as an eps. It doesn't matter if I convert all text to curves, embed images and turn off tiff preview, it still doesn't let me save the file. This is not my personal artwork (sent from a client) but it works with no issues in Adobe 2022. I have never had so many problems with a program. Sometimes I can't even save my artwork at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@You don’t eve29922016yu9c  schrieb:

Here goes another one for you. 

As I said: the forum is 95% volunteers. Without more info we cannot recommend anything. But I assume you don't want help from the community. So I would suggest you post to https://illustrator.uservoice.com That's what the developers read. But in order to fix this or even investigate, they will need your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines