• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC or Acrobat

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon.  I am not sure where this issue is originating...I have a trifold that was created in Illustrator CC (contains 2 artboards).  I have been trying to save the file as a pdf, and it is saving one page with all of its information in tact, but the 2nd page always comes out a blank page.  Have browsed through some of the discussion areas, unfortunately am not finding an answer.  Have also tried a general internet search, which basically refers me back to these adobe forums. 

Thank you for your time and assistance.  Colleen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you Save As > Adobe PDF, do you have Use Artboards checked and All selected?

Confirm that you actually have two artboards and that your artwork is actually on the artboards.

Probably you are okay on both, but these are the first things to rule out. And yes, my document has three artboards, not two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the trifold (.ai file)?

What CC version of Illustrator are you using? Which version of Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Illustrator / Acrobat CC 2017. I have not tried to share the

.ai file, but am more than happy to. I have also verified that when

converting to Acrobat it definitely shows 2 art boards are being

saved/converted.

If you would like me to email or upload the file let me know. Have started

the file from scratch and am about to try and PDF it again. Will let you

know shortly if restarting the file has fixed anything.

Thanks!

Colleen

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 12:52 PM, Kurt Gold <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, does each Artboard show up when you go to File > Print and cycle through them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes on the first artboard

No on the second artboard, however it did show a white background.

I still have no idea what happened.  I'm sure I hit something I shouldn't have.  That said I closed out of Illustrator, deleted the original file, and created a new one.  Everything is working fine now.

If you have any suggestions I would very much appreciate reading them.  No doubt (since I don't know what I did this time) I will more than likely repeat it again at a later date and time. 

Thank you for your time.

Colleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, we ruled out the PDF causing the issue.

I wonder if it's an issue with the Artboard. Go to the Artboard tool (Shift + O) and see if anything shows up there. What size are the Artboards? Where are they located? Is it what you expected? Click each one to see the dotted lines and check the Width and Height in the Control panel. Look for something that doesn't look right.

Here is one thing that could cause what you say. The first artboard is .74" x .55". It has a white background.

This is what it looks like in Print Preview in the Print dialog:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines