Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC starts up but shuts down immediately

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having a problem with Illustrator CC. I have installed it and it will open, but then it shuts down almost immediately and Windows says that the program has stopped working. I have tried un-installing it and the re-installing it, but this didn't work. I also tried using the Adobe Cloud cleaning tool, un-installing all of my Adobe software and re installing it, but that doesn't seem to have helped. I don't really know what to do now. This is on my laptop runing Windows 7. I haven't tried to install any of the new software on my Mac yet, and I am not sure I have the confidence to do so. I can't afford the time to be without functioning software Adobe!

Help!

Thanks in advance,

Tom Redfern.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to fix mine by remove a folder from it directory.

C:\ProgramData\Adobe and remove or delete SLStore from it directory.

That works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks... it works....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2014 Nov 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this same issue on my Macbook Air.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2014 Dec 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here please someone help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2014 Dec 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue here and fixed it with this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFXd5mdC3Jw&spfreload=10

It just says to remove or rename the following folders

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore

Then you have to reinstall Illustrator and everything will work again.

Note that after deleting/renaming those folders, all of your Adobe software will fail to launch. Don't worry, after the installation, everything will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2014 Dec 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem then made sure Verdana was activated in Font Book on a Mac and it open properly. Tried a lot of stuff before the simple fix as usual. Thanx Michel!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2014 Dec 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix I found was I had to copy the presets folder to my desktop then delete it from the illustrator folder.  Open illustrator and close it then move the folder back into the new presets folder that is created.  After doing this I found that if I open illustrator first and then open the file from illustrator it works but if I try to open the file before opening illustrator it will shut down.  I confirmed it by trying it about 3 or 4 times and seems to work correctly now.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the fixes found online did not help me. Fortunately I also had Illustrator installed on my laptop. I backed up all the files in the folder Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator CS5/Support Files in the PC that has the crashing issue (basically I created a SAV folder and moved the Support Files folder there). Then I replaced this folder with the one from my laptop. Ran Illustrator and it worked.

CADSQUAD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CADSQUAD, would u mind sharing the support files folder ?? i have no back up and now i stuck with crashing illustrator. Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The support folder that corrected the issue is for Illustrator CS5. Is this

the version you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2016 Jul 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the support file for illustrator CC 2015.2, that is the version i need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution:

See this thread:

Illustrator 2015.3 closes right after starting up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution that worked for me is to signout from Adobe Creative Cloud (in parameters), then to sign back again, but then to fix the bug, you have to launch the app at least one time from Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just happened to me too, I tried to uninstall then re-install, but it didn't work..What works for me is uninstall, then install older version..NOW IT WORKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought of that. How can I do that? I need this badly. 

I'd appreciate a little guidance.

Tanks Much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found it. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines