• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Cloud File Font Issues

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing an odd font issue with a CC Illustrator Cloud File.

I had been working on it on my Macbook Pro while away over Xmas, with the file saved to CC Cloud files so I could access it later on my work PC.

I downloaded and installed a bunch of fonts from Envato Elements (not Adobe Fonts) onto my mac for this particular project.

Once I was back at work, I downloaded the file to store and edit on my main work PC.  When I opened the file from the PC hard drive everything looked fine.

I can edit existing text with the fonts and no missing font notifications are received, but the font names do not appear in the fonts panel for any of them, they just show as blank so I cannot find out what they are called.

Is there a simple way to fix this, so that any shared file fonts are automatically available and viewable on a different computer?

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add that I already tried to install the fonts from the packaged download folder on my PC but it says they are all already installed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fonts may have different names on the Mac. This will cause warnings to appear.

Apart from that: please tell us if you use any font management tools.

And then there are also some general points about fonts: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-font-problems-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

The font names are exactly the same on both devices.  I have downloaded and installed many fonts from Envato in the past and copied and installed them on both my mac and PC and never had an issue like this.

I do not use any font management software.  This also does not seem to be an issue with Windows, but rather with Illustrator working with files that were previously stored in the cloud.

If I copy and paste a font (where the font name does not display in Illustrator) and then paste it into Photoshop, then the fonts panel displays the name correctly in PS.  This further proves there is not an issue with the fonts themselves but rather a bug in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you work with these exact fonts correctly before?

If not, this could still be an issue with those fonts.

Did you check all the other things in the page I linked?

Illustrator is very peculiar about fonts. If a font is not 150% correct, then Illustrator will go bonkers. And it doesn't matter whether the same font works in other apps. Those are just a lot more sloppy about fonts.

How many fonts are installed in your system? And if you install and uninstall a lot, then the font caches might go south as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only had a chance to skim through the article you sent.  It seems to be a bit outdated, as there is no mention of Windows 10.  Do you think any of the suggestions are relevant to WIn 10?

I am always installing new fonts to try for various branding projects so I guess it could be a font cache issue as I do have quite a few fonts installed.  This is the first time that I have encountered this issue, and it is also the first time I used Cloud storage (.aic files) and then transferred/downloaded work back onto my PC.  I do find it a little odd that the issue is happening with all the fonts used in this particular document and no others on my PC though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, unfortunately it is quite outdated. You could always ask on the fonts community: https://community.adobe.com/t5/type-typography/ct-p/ct-type-and-typography?page=1&sort=latest_replie...

Or try these links to some specific Windows help (I'm using a Mac, so not a lot of experience with Windows): https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-problem-in-windows-10/271f616e-d1b3-4cb6-...

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-fix-corrupted-fonts-in-windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should not be a problem with fonts if correctly installed.

But there may be a problem with this particular free font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Ton.  These are not some random free fonts, they are paid for through Envato Elements and installed correctly.  I have downloaded hundreds from Envato before and installed them directly onto my PC without any issues.  This seems to be related to files stored in Adobe Cloud and then downloaded to work on a single computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it this particular font that gives the problem or is it repeatable with other fonts and files stored in the cloud? And with files stored in the cloud, do you mean Cloud files (.aic) or files stored locally in the CC Files folder and synched to the cloud (.ai)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ton,

It seems to be all the fonts used in a particular project.  There are quite a few fonts which I installed while working on my mac (on an .aic document) for a bunch of logo variations and all of the fonts have this issue. I haven't had a chance to test this out with other files yet but will do so when work calms down a bit.

The file was stored/worked on in the cloud (.aic), I then downloaded it and continued working on it from my PC (Windows 10) hard drive, which is when the errors started appearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be worth trying to save as .ai in the CC files folder:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sync-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines