• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashing when copying to clipboard

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(On the latest Illustrator via Adobe CC)

I've noticed in the last month that Illustrator will constantly crash any time I copy something to my clipboard. At first it seemed to only happen with complex vectors or within complex files, but now it seems to be more random - even crashing when just copying text.

I've churned through all the posts and done things like deselect the "Include SVG Code" in the Clipboard Handling of the settings...but no luck. My only solution (for now) is to Option+Drag the items over from open file to another to prevent the Ctrl+C crashing.

Attaching the first bit of the error report, in case that helps.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have antivirus that checks the clipboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Running on Mac, and nothing installed beyond basic OS and Adobe software. It's run fine up till the last month. Not sure if it's an Adobe update or an issue with Adobe on the latest OS (Sonoma 14.5)...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it also happen when you boot the computer into Safe Mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @defaultzzjlukpxppqz,

We understand how frustrating it can be to encounter crashes in the middle of work. I hope Monika's suggestions helped resolve the problem. If not, would you mind trying the suggestions in this help article (https://adobe.ly/4eb19yY) and checking if they help? Also, kindly submit the crash report using your Adobe email address and share it here for quick tracking. Steps are shared here: (https://adobe.ly/3Kvm6ae). We appreciate your time and patience in helping us resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @defaultzzjlukpxppqz,

We're still waiting for your response on this issue. Please update the discussion to let us know if it has been resolved or if you still need assistance.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines