• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CS6 conflict with Wacom tablets

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this has been asked before.

Our studio has just upgraded to CS6 and my colleague and I are experiencing selection problems in AI with our Wacom tablets. I'm using an Intuos 3 and she is using an Intuos 5, we both updated our tablet drivers this morning to try and fix the problem but no joy.

Basically what happens is a 'lag' when releasing the pen from the tablet to what happens on-screen. I select items in Illustrator by dragging a marquee around them with my Wacom pen and releasing, leaving the items selected. However when I do this in CS6, there is a noticeable delay between my release of the pen and the release of the marquee on screen, which leads to mass frustration when it ends up selecting the wrong things, or additional items. It's almost as if the pen is 'sticking' to the screen when I do this (if that makes sense). It's highly annoying!

My colleague has a similar issue with the magnifying tool in that she selects it, clicks and drags to zoom and then when she releases the pen the tool keeps working until about half a second after the release from the tablet.

We are both running powerful HP Workstations with 6GB RAM (Windows 7 64Bit), and CS5 worked like a dream so I know it isn't a tablet or RAM issue.

Has anyone else had a problem with this? As I said we have updated our tablet drivers and are running the latest CS6 update, so we're stumped.

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a.kdhfglkadnglkjdahflkgha schrieb:

It doesn't have any touch, however I did just find a solution - turning off GPU performance seems to have fixed both of the problems I was having.

GPU performance is not in CS6. This thread is about CS6.

If you have problems with CC, then please either post in a thread that is about CC or make a new thread for your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem, haven't found a workaround yet.

I'm using:

OSX Yosemite 10.10.5

Wacom Driver 6.3.14-2

Adobe Illustrator 19.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same sticky problem here. Nothing works:(

Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch Medium - Driver: 6.3.15-3

Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 19.2.0

MacBook Pro 15'' Retina - Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.1

This is extremely frustrating, no solution for over 2 years!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all.

For all windows users out there:

Im running windows and Wacom Intuos touch, Disabling GPU in Illustrator preferences worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DISABLE "WINDOWS INC FUNCTION" worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines