Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Export Settings for CMYK/PDF comes out muted

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Adobe community,

Would anyone be able to advise me on this issue please? Everytime I export from Illustrator as a PDF the colour comes out slightly muted, when I export as a PNG the issue is not there. I've included pictures below of the colours before and after. (export on left, original on right.) I've tried to change my colour profile and export again, but this hasn't resolved my issue. I've changed my PDF Output settings as well, again did not resolve my issue. Could it be an issue with the preview app? But the Illustrator PDF should have the CMYK embedded inside?? I'm very confused )c: Would appreciate any help with this at all!!!

Shedae33210816651w_1-1720111837316.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which color mode is the original file?

Which color mode is the PDF?

Can you download Acrobar Reader and try with that instead of Preview? The only thing Preview can tell you is whether there is anything in the file. And I wouldn't even trust that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines