• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator GPU is frequently greyed out and the performance is so slow!

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randomly, the GPU is deactivated while working or a few seconds after a file is opened. The file should not be heavy with many layers but it can happen in any file. Each time the GPU is stopped, the software starts working very slowly. The zoom feature and the pan and moving elements also become terribly slow. There is no way to restart the GPU because the option is gray. You can try restarting the software and if that does not help, restart your computer. It takes me a lot of time every day that I try to work. It sure is not a computer because it does not happen to me in any software. It's in the Illustrator himself. Is there anyone who knows this phenomenon there and is working on its repair?

In this screen capture you can see how suddenly after 15 seconds there is a white flash and then the GPU is turned off, and everything becomes slow.

I am using iMac 2018 with 32 GB RAM and Radeon Pro 570 4GB. macOS Mojave 10.14.3 and Illustrator 23.0.2. Please help me it's a nightmare.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar issue, GPU would not work for a specific file. I embedded all my links, resaved the file, closed and opened it. Then GPU worked again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines