• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

illustrator holding files. (illustrator 2024, 28.1)

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my company is having an issue where Illustrator and Photoshop are holding onto files that are no longer open. This means we can not move or delete the files, until we close the programs. I know this was an issue with 25.1 but has it really not been fixed yet?

Other Info

1. using the Microsoft tool "Whats using this file" I find that it is either

a. Illustrator.exe

b. Illustrator.exe and CEPHtmlEngine.exe (12 instances)

c. Illustrator.exe, AIRobin.exe, and CEPHTMLEngine.exe(12 instances)

2. this is happend across 4 different PCs all running 2024 (28.1)

3. I have set the "Recent files" to 0 hoping this might fix it but no luck as it still saves them, just doesnt show them

4. I am moving a folder from my desktop (~/Desktop) into a folder on my desktop

a. OneDrive is disabled so it is not backing up my desktop (~/Desktop)

b. I have left a folder overnight and its still locked the next morning. (As a test)

c. Adobe technical seemed to think it was server related and suggesting saving things locally, but had no response besides "yes" to "a local drive, like my desktop? where I am having the issue" (to be fair I assumed the person had a "choose yor own adventure" style script and I just kept running into a dead end.) 

any ideas? Its become quite the department issue to close and reopen illustrator 10-15 times a day.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @jasonp49818280,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, would you mind trying to run Illustrator under a different administrator account (Windows / macOS) and checking if it helps?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines