• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator is inverting colors on an image

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was sent a PDF that when I open it on Illustrator, it inverts the colors on the image. The image is embedded, in the Links panel its say NA for format. The file was originally created in Flexi, which I assume is the issue, I just want to know what and why. My solution was to simply invert them back. Here what's weird... The thumbnail preview in Finder display the color correctly, it's when I open it on Illustrator that they get inverted. Tried Photoshop, same thing, preview displays as it should, when opened it inverts them. If I open it as a PDF in Reader, it displays just fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

The answer to your question is simple. Opening PDFs in Illustrator that were created in other applications can cause strange things to happen. Why? Illustrator is NOT a PDF editor. If you want to edit a PDF, try the editing features in Acrobat DC.

Here's a video tutorial about these features: http://www.jeffwitchel.net/2015/08/edit-pdfs-like-never-before-in-acrobat-dc/

Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for what its worth, in the past i used to get inverted jpgs from illustrator export. apparentlly this happened when document was set up with a cmyk profile instead or rgb one. once i converted to rgb all  exports where normal. (illustrator did not have convert to srgb like PS had in the jpg export dialogue)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines