• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Mac 2024 freezes on launch, won't start

Engaged ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was running fine, then randomly stopped launching. When I try, it gets to the point of checking and initializing, then freezes. Always a different item that it's initializing when it freezes. What I have tried:

• Uninstalled from CC desktop and from Finder, reinstalled over and over and over.
  • Used the Cleanup tool to remove Illustrator and CC desktop
  • Deleted font cache using Terminal
  • No 3rd party plugins or anything else to remove, no scripts to launch
  • Removed Illustrator caches
  • Removed beta version
  • Rebooted several times

System info:

• M2 with 16 gb
  • Sonoma 14.4.1
  • System Monitor shows 9 gb free before trying to launch
  • Monitor shows 12 gb used when launch attempt is in progress
  • 95 gb disk available, trash is empty, iCloud is nearly full
  • Other CC apps are installed but not running

Searching here shows this has been an issue for years. Any suggestions before I give up and start using something else?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Hello everyone,

We have received several reports of apps crashing or becoming unresponsive after launch, particularly following the release of version 28.6. Unlike generic crashes, this issue specifically causes all Adobe apps to get stuck at the splash screen or enter a “not responding” state, preventing them from launching. The problem has been traced to certain Beta Adobe applications related to video composition and editing. We recommend updating all Beta and released versions of video-specif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 385 Replies 385
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i dont.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Adobe beta app? 

In that case you might need to uninstall, run the Adobe Cleaner tool and reinstall.

The Cleaner tool is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

If you have any custom brushes or other custom stuff, take it out of your system first, so the Cleaner tool cannot erase it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done that too: uninstall, run the Adobe Cleaner tool and reinstall. but no resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is currently happening to me too and no matter how many times I install/uninstall it won't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am loosing my mind on this.. it started today around 5pm and since then i have tried everything in this thread.  I even re installed my OS and did a 2 hour scrub to make sure nothing was affected from malware.  NOPE...  I also have a deadline with my art and i am freaking out.   I have a brand new macbook pro arriving tomorrow so I can do my job... Very expensive HOPE to fix the issue 😞    in all the years I have used Adobe products, never have i experienced this..  totally frustrated and perplexed...Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 1.45.43 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any Adobe beta apps installed? If so, uninstall them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that didn't work.

Nor trying to instal previous versions. This sucks big time, Adobe. This is beginning to become unsolvable with this new update.

We're depending on these things NOT happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reboot the computer?

After uninstalling, run the Adobe Cleaner tool. This is going to be pretty destructive. So if you have custom brushes and stuff, pick them from your system first. Here are the locations: https://www.vektorgarten.de/illustrator-settings.html

The Cleaner tool can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did reboot the computer. I did use the Cleaner Tool. Rebooted again.

Installed older version 25.9.11 .And again, no developments. Freezes when initiating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

need to uninstall apps completely with all presets and plugins then uninstall creative cloud and installed again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2024 Aug 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m experiencing the same issue. The applications are not responding. It started with Photoshop, but when I tried Illustrator, I encountered the same problem. Both just keep loading without opening. I’ve already uninstalled and reinstalled them, but the problem persists. Could you please help me?

For context, I’m using a MacBook with Sonoma 14.6.1. However, the issue began before I updated to this version. I've never had this kind of issue before; I noticed it two days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you follow the steps from the correct answer by Anubhav above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did follow all the steps, it didn't make any differince.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try and check in the Application folder if you have an Adobe Beta apps installed?

If so, uninstall them. It's the video apps that are concerned here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did uninstall it, everything worked only after I reinstalled illustrater. Photoshop and indesign kept crashing untill I did the reinstall, thank you for your time 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it is probably better to contact Adobe support after the weekend.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

And ask for an Agent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2024 Aug 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1000043968.pngi tried opening any app in this example adobe illsutrator beta it takes around 10 min to load and then shows the error that the app is not responding and to force quit it because it takes too much app memory, same thing happens to other apps since the last update was took place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the beta. Does the released version run?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean with that question. Nothing runs from adobe no app, and all of them are up to date if that's the info you requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you boot into Safe Mode and do not launch anything else: is it then running?

(not meant as a permanent solution, just to figure out if it can run at all)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it does not run even in safe mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try and uninstall Illustrator, run the Adobe Cleaner tool and then reinstall? Make sure to save any custom brushes, scripts and stuff before uninstall. Possible using Edit > My settings > Export. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i was started to panic ( at least someone have the same issue ) because just about 2 hours ago all my apps stop working just like you describe it ... my S.O is Windows  and I tried everything but nothing works  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Hector32543877evkd,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issue with your Adobe apps not working after the last update. It's understandable to feel panicked, especially when you're suddenly unable to access the tools you rely on.

Would you mind confirming if you have any beta Adobe apps installed on your computer? If yes, kindly try the following steps to check if they help:

- Close all Adobe applications
- Uninstall any installed Beta apps from Creative Cloud (https://adobe.ly/4caVsix)
- Relaunch Illustrator

If the problem persists, try removing Illustrator using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool (https://adobe.ly/4cfCbw4), reinstalling it, and sharing your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same situation. I followed all suggestions above but no change in results. Standard and Beta releases of Photoshop and Illustrator freeze on launch. Acitivity viewer shows at that point they start "grabbing" 2gb chunks of memory every couple of seconds until the computer locks up and shuts down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines