• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Mac 2024 freezes on launch, won't start

Engaged ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was running fine, then randomly stopped launching. When I try, it gets to the point of checking and initializing, then freezes. Always a different item that it's initializing when it freezes. What I have tried:

• Uninstalled from CC desktop and from Finder, reinstalled over and over and over.
  • Used the Cleanup tool to remove Illustrator and CC desktop
  • Deleted font cache using Terminal
  • No 3rd party plugins or anything else to remove, no scripts to launch
  • Removed Illustrator caches
  • Removed beta version
  • Rebooted several times

System info:

• M2 with 16 gb
  • Sonoma 14.4.1
  • System Monitor shows 9 gb free before trying to launch
  • Monitor shows 12 gb used when launch attempt is in progress
  • 95 gb disk available, trash is empty, iCloud is nearly full
  • Other CC apps are installed but not running

Searching here shows this has been an issue for years. Any suggestions before I give up and start using something else?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Hello everyone,

We have received several reports of apps crashing or becoming unresponsive after launch, particularly following the release of version 28.6. Unlike generic crashes, this issue specifically causes all Adobe apps to get stuck at the splash screen or enter a “not responding” state, preventing them from launching. The problem has been traced to certain Beta Adobe applications related to video composition and editing. We recommend updating all Beta and released versions of video-specif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 386 Replies 386
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Luca5EEF

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing. I'd like to confirm if the issue started after installing the latest release. If so, other users have reported a similar issue, and we have found that completely reinstalling the application helps resolve it. Please try the following steps and let us know your observations:

1. Close all Adobe applications.
  2. Remove Illustrator using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool: https://adobe.ly/3LZDS68.
  3. Reinstall Illustrator using the Creative Cloud Desktop application: https://adobe.ly/3LX80PC.
  4. Relaunch Illustrator.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this helps!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After following your instructions, removed Illustrator using Cleaner Tool and reinstalled with Creative Cloud Desktop app I still have the same problem. Now the startup freeze on the attached screen (Initializing plug-ins... Commenting.aip)

Pleeease help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a different thread they mentioned checking Creative Cloud to see any Beta programs were automatically installed. Uninstalling the Beta apps and rebooting does appear to fix the issue for me and for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! I had Media Encoder and Premiere Pro in Beta Version. It all came back when I uninstalled them and rebooted my Mac. Pfiou! What a saga! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Absolutely nuts, but maybe par for the course, that a forced download of two things I didn't ask for broke two programs overnight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, your solution worked! I had installed Photoshop Beta and that was the problem. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, you saved my night 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eu estou com o mesmo problema. Ele trava na tela e não sai mais e quando eu coloco pra ver o funcionamento do app, ele mostra que não está respondendo.

Veja o anexo

Screenshot 2024-08-07 at 13.36.47.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inclusive eu instalei uma versão anterior 23.8.1 e mesmo assim não funcionou, trava na mesmo lugar.

Eu usei o Illustrator ontem mesmo e tudo estava normal =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem this morning. Nothing works, I tried: Uninstalling and re installing, loggint our of Creative Cloud and logging in, Installing the previous version of illustrator, Using the cleaner tool, rebooting my Mac many times. It just won't launch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem this morning. No success. Have Uninstalled and re-installed, logged out of Creative Cloud and logged in, Installing the previous version of illustrator, used the cleaner tool.  Also seems to be affecting Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any Adobe Beta versions installed? Uninstall them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Illustrator and photoshop fail to launch when I try to use them. They were working fine a day ago, no new updates, no changes to the mac. When clocking to open them the loading window appears for a time, but then my mac just starts to slow. I am still able to foce quit, though mouse clicks only register after an additional 10seconds to a minute. If I do not do this, either program will cause my mac to inform me i need to close a program down in order to save disk useage, and tells me that either program is using up to or over 100GB. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both current and older versions, and I have since updated the Mac itself and restarted the Mac countless times but nothing seems to work whilst other programs like Premiere and Lightroom both seem to be working and running fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any Adobe beta apps installed? If so, try and uninstall them. Reboot and then check if it launches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @R__m_Jones24,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind confirming if you have any beta Adobe apps installed on your computer? If yes, kindly try the following steps, as Monika suggested, to check if they help:

- Close all Adobe applications
- Uninstall any installed Beta apps from Creative Cloud (https://adobe.ly/4dCaU8l)
- Relaunch Illustrator

If the problem persists, try removing Illustrator using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool (https://adobe.ly/4dCaUFn) and then reinstalling and share your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2024 Aug 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used the method with the creative cloud cleaner tool and nothing seems to have changed, same things happening as before. Are there any other potential methods for dealing with this or causes of the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not reinstall the betas, no?

Did you check your application folder for things that are not listed in the Creative Cloud app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Enchanted_multitalent98A2,

I hope Monika's suggestions helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly try removing all Adobe apps using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool (https://adobe.ly/4dCaUFn) and then reinstalling the release version of the apps you need and share your observations.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not realize but Premiere beta and Media Encoder Beta were both still installed but were only showing up in the applications menu rather thatn on creative cloud. They've been uninstalled and both programs open now, appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you could solve it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No beta apps. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both multiple times, even tried previous versions and neither has wanted to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Sonoma 14.6.1 on a 2018 Macbook Pro. I can no longer run Adobe apps. They no longer launch. I get the message "FallDownGoBoom64... I reinstalled everything, but still it doesn't work. Indesign 2021 still works...anyone have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @danny_68,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind confirming if you have any beta Adobe apps installed on your computer? If yes, kindly try the following steps to check if they help:

- Close all Adobe applications
- Uninstall any installed Beta apps from Creative Cloud (https://adobe.ly/4fETVEb)
- Relaunch Illustrator

If the problem persists, try removing Illustrator using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool (https://adobe.ly/4djzJGo) and then reinstalling and share your observations.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2024 Aug 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anubhav,

Thank you for your mail.
Ik did all the things you said.

Still I am not able to start the adobe programs. The memorie runs full by Adobe. Microsoft and other programs are working normal.
What can I do. I can’t work now for three days and thats is becoming a real problem as you can imagine.

Hoop to hear from you,

Greets, Danny

Vriendelijke groet,

Danny de Neef

[Personal Info removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@danny_68  schrieb:

Still I am not able to start the adobe programs. The memorie runs full by Adobe. Microsoft and other programs are working normal.

Did you uninstall all Adobe beta apps? Not just Illustrator beta, the video beta apps are concerned most.

Are you sure? Some of them might not be listed in the Creative Cloud app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines