• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator + mbPro 2016 Touchbar Incredibly SLOW

Contributor ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just purchased a new MBP w/ touch bar 2016 (I7 2,9, Radeon 460 4Gb) and upgraded to Adobe CC a couple of weeks ago. Reinstalled macOS twice, hardware seems to be okay.

Illustrator (and InDesign for that matter) are extremely slow. It's driving us completely insane. Especially outline view is extremely and surprisingly slow (cmd+y) which has always been truly smooth before (no matter the complexity of the documents). *Just compared to a late MacBook Pro 2012 which runs the same files 100% smoothly.

@Adobe: are there any solutions or ideas what's causing this?!

MBP w/ touch bar 2016 (I7 2,9, Radeon 460 4Gb)
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4

Illustrator 2017.1.0 (we tried slightly earlier versions as well)

Display Ultrafine 5K

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Your Macbook has a microphone and there might be dictation features always listening. Can you try and turn that off in System setup? Helped other people. I don't have the latest and greatest setup, so I don't know where exactly to look for those setting. But "Audio setup" is perhaps a good start.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Macbook has a microphone and there might be dictation features always listening. Can you try and turn that off in System setup? Helped other people. I don't have the latest and greatest setup, so I don't know where exactly to look for those setting. But "Audio setup" is perhaps a good start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thx… Nothing like that is running.

In our opinion this issue is clearly related to Adobe (and maybe Apple; but rather Adobe); and GPU and drivers. Did you see the comment above, Adobe is now confirming the issue?

Still waiting for someone with the same config (MBP 2016 w/tb) with Illustrator CC running smoothly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Monika, you are brilliant! I had the same problems, with mojave and illustrator CC 2019. I turned it off and it works! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit:

Just created a fresh, secondary user-account (admin) with Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 being the only software installed. And bang, everything has been super fast and lag-free as it should be! GPU-preview, regular preview, outline-view (cmd-y): all super snappy! Jaw-dropping.

Reminder: we had already tried this a few month ago, but without results: fresh user, fresh installation even, etc… nothing helped.

In hope to set up a fresh and smoothly working machine, we have then reinstalled the latest High Sierra. Again, with Illustrator CC 2018 being the only additionally installed software. Unfortunately THIS TIME we were back to „incredibly slow“ in regular preview and outline-view (cmd-y). What the heck? Set up a secondary user-account (admin)… and surprise: back to super snappy, again.

SMC-reset, PRAM-reset, file-system set to APFS and fast forward to a couple more fresh High Sierra installations.

Now the second admin-account always installs and runs Illustrator as smoothly as could be. AS LONG as we don't install anything else (anything actually) but Adobe CC. Anything else and Illustrator gets slow.

NOW we are truly out of answers, @adobe : )

Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Low res-video of a fresh installation running High Sierra 10.13.2 APFS and Illustrator CC 2018. Everything keeps running super smooth as long as the viewport/application window stays small enough. External display = goodbye performance.

streamable.com/s/5vnrz/aifqls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinking of getting my old G4 with CS5 and work offline to atleat produce artworks on a regular time frame.... illustrator cc18 made us crazzzzy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here! i can't take it anymore!!!!! is this some sort of bug or what? I even went down to CS6 and it STILL lags...can someone help me please..thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@norac37379755 mbPro with touchBar, latest HighSierra, latest Adobe CC as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines