• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator - Multiple .ai to ONE .pdf

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to export multiple .ai to one .pdf?

Lets say I have 50 ai files and want them to be 1 pdf file with 50 pages.

I am using Illustrator CC and still looking for some way to do that but I havent found anything yet...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can place all the .ai files into one new ai file, set up multi artboards to suit each file, then export,

or you can plonk them into a multi page indesign file,

then export from there as one pdf,

or you can export pdf's individually and combine the pdf's in acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that there are multi artboards in each .ai file so I dont think I can combine them togerther because of the limited number of artboards for one .ai file.

1st AI has 15 artboards
2nd AI has 50 artboards

etc...etc...

.... and I would lke to make one pdf file right from the Illustrator (if it is possible)

BTW, I dont have Acrobat PRO in order to join pdf's together neither Indesign app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paranoid,

BTW, I dont have Acrobat PRO in order to join pdf's together neither Indesign app.

Any (old) version of Acrobat can do it, if you open the first PDF, then use Document>Insert Pages and tick After Last to add the next one of the others. You may go back and forth, saving the different ones when they are needed as you go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could convert them individually to PDF using actions like so:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/convert-multiple-ai-files-eps.html

Then combine the PDFs into one document with a converter or Acrobat.

PDFMerge! - Merge PDF files online for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes you can just 'place' the ai files into a new empty ai file as long as they are not prohibitively large in physical dimensions so as to go off the artboard area.

then you can then assign artboard areas and export all in one go to a multi page pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you not read that the ai files already have multiple artboards and therefore may not be able to import into one ai file due to the amount of artboads needed...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fastest way would be save all AI files as PDF, and in Acrobat Pro File > Create PDF > From multiple files…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines