• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator question - colour seperation

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi This seems to be a problem I am having with a TAFE assessment at the moment. I have saved my illustrator poster to a pdf file and now I have to colour seperate the artwork. I follow similar steps to this and when I get to output mode compositions and seperations hot based come up but not In rip seperations which is the steps I need. I have not a clue what I am doing  and need help. I have obviously done something wrong or its my computer or software, I have all my programs updated so I am clueless right now. I am on an older computer windows 10, illustrator and adobe are up to date any suggestions would be great, I have even reinstalled my printer software to no avail. I did note when I went to output and put in print preset is custom, printer I selected post script file and where it says ppD my printer doesnt show for some reason just  device independant or other when I click on other it goes to the desktop for some reason.

Donna3845556753mp_0-1720267038238.png

Donna3845556753mp_1-1720267186495.png

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color separation is usually done in the RIP when the printer processes it. Printing to separations is usually not something you do in Illustrator these days anymore.

What kind of output are you doing? Screenprinting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To create separations you need a PPD that supports it.

If you want to simulate separations, you can print to a PostScript file and use the Adobe Acrobat Distiller to create the separated PDF pages. The ADPDF9.PPD  can be found here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/save-as-pdf-options-not.html

The direct download for the PPD:

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/kb/en/852/cpsid_85257/attachments/ADPDF9.zip

Screenshot 2024-07-06 at 16.04.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines