Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Refresh rate is out of control

Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest Adobe Cloud Illustrator on a workstation where I use many Adobe products but for some reason illustrator is almost unusable because once opened, everything refreshes constantly. Any time I pull a menu it goes away, trying to enter values in boxes is impossible, I cant export or use other menu items because the menu disappears before I can get to it. I saw on another thread that it was due to a banking software called Warsaw but I don't have that issue. Any clue to what is going on? It has persisted over several versions of Illustrator. I haven't been able to use it for months. I even completely changed comupters from an HP to a Dell and went from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Still happening. Could it be a network issue?

Dale

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Ctrl E to toggle the GPU preview? Look at your filename above to see what state you are GPU or Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to try a bunch of times because the refreshing is even faster than my fingers but I was able to toggle from (RGB/GPU Preview) to

(RGB/Preview) Still the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "a network issue"? is the artwork on a network or are you trying to access Illustrator across a network connection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it is installed on my machine and the file is local. I just wondered if there was some network software that might interfere the way that the "Warsaw" Bank software was interfering with the other user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send your complete specs including any peripherals you have connected (wacom tablet, etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dell Precision 7530

Intel Xeon E-2176M CPU @ 2.70 Ghz

Ram 32GB

Running Windows 10

1 Dell Mouse

Intel UHD Graphics P630 Graphics Card

NVIDIA Quadro P3200 Graphics Card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this thread - see if it makes a difference.

Illustrator CC Flashing/Flickering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for looking that up but I was able to make the change in the settings to no avail, and I dont have the Extensis Suitcase Plug-In... ugh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines