• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Trace - Black & White Logo or Logo?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, 

I'm a design instructor, and in the Image Trace panel, there seems to be a change in the presets from "Black and White Logo" to "Logo." The weird thing is that some of my students see it, and others do not. I've checked, and we're on the same v27.3.1 but seeing different things, even on the same Mac OS. 

Does anyone have any insight into this? Is it a glitch? 

Any help would be appreciated to get us all on the same page.

Screenshot 2023-03-26 at 1.20.46 PM.pngscreenshot_2023-03-22_at_6.38.13_pm.png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

First check that 100% you have the same version of Illustrator booted, you may have multiple versions on the same computer so pull down the About Illustrator to confirm.

If they are the same , when someone installed they may have installed differently, to keep the previous settings option.

You could copy the settings from one computer to the rest, but might be easiest to just explain to the students to adjust the settngs to match yours.

MikeGondek_0-1679930158707.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are presets. Just adjust the settings to get what you need. Explain those settings to your students and then they can get precisely what they need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Monica. I've done that. I'm just trying to understand the discrepancy we're seeing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you really sure it's the same version?

If so, try and reset the preferences. This will erase all the custom settings, so it's probably not worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First check that 100% you have the same version of Illustrator booted, you may have multiple versions on the same computer so pull down the About Illustrator to confirm.

If they are the same , when someone installed they may have installed differently, to keep the previous settings option.

You could copy the settings from one computer to the rest, but might be easiest to just explain to the students to adjust the settngs to match yours.

MikeGondek_0-1679930158707.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. THAT makes sense! I didn't think of the Keep Same Settings option. 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines