Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Trace in Illustrator not working with Automatic Palette

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Im image tracing a JPEG. It is working fine until I try and change the percentage of colours in the 'automatic' palette. It will look like its working but then bounces back to 100% straight away.

Ive made sure there is no cropping mask ect, the noise, corners and paths all chnage no bother. Just the colours.

I've tried other versions of illustartor and changed the prefrences back to default.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.  

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. That doesn't sound like a usual behavior. Could you please share a few more details like:

• OS and version of Illustrator.
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us?
  • Is kit working on other versions or by changing the Palette back to Automatic?

You may also try resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) and let us know if that helps. Please note that all the custom settings would reset too. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

We're here to help, just need more info.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I'm on version 24.2 of illustrator. It normally works, it was working last week, which is why im so confused!  

No its not just one document, Ive tried new documnrts and different jpegs and its still not working. I even tried a different laptop. 

It doesn't seem to be working on the 'limited' palette either. That just bounces back to 30. Grey scale and black and white options are working fine though. 

Ive tried to change it to a png and a pdf to see if that would make a difference but it doesn't. 

Ive just reset my preferences too and that hasn't worked. very very confused!

I've attached a video of what is happening! thanks again! 

https://vimeo.com/user118325958/review/432102581/21e560a5bb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about this experience. The link you shared above is not working. You may share it via Creative Clould (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html). Also, please confirm the operating system (Exact version of macOS/ Windows) you are working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/11860b9e-7e69-4446-75b2-c24e6109cb43 hopefully that link works!

I am windows 10 home and OS 18362.900. 

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines