• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impossible to only update one linked image at a time?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document with a lot of linked images in Illy.  I get another batch of images, paste them into the source folder, and some images already exist so I overwrite those images.

Back in Illy, the popup comes up saying that some files have changed, do I want to update all.  I click No, because I want to update them one at a time, and check them as I go, because the changed images might be slightly different size, and they may need tweaking slightly.  I don't know which ones have changed, so to save me checking every image, I'll update one image, and then find it in the document and check it to ensure it still looks good.

In links panel however, it seems impossible to just update one image link.  I don't know if this is a bug, expected behaviour or what.  I select an image with the yellow warning triangle, then click "Update link"  After a few seconds of waiting, the popup yet again comes up - "Some linked files have changed, do you want to update them?" - well no, I just want to update the one I selected.  I click No, check the link I selected, still got a warning triangle.  Try to update image again, and once again I get the popup asking me if I want to update the files I changed....  Nope, I haven't changed my mind, I still just want to just update the file I selected.

After repeating this a few times, I thought that maybe the popup is just poorly worded and it will only update the file I selected - so I try "Yes" and then it updates all of the links that were out of date.  So now I have a few hundred images that I need to go through and check individually, as I don't know which ones were updated...

Is this normal behaviour?  What is the process to upate one linked image at a time?  Or is this just not possible?

Regards, aTomician
TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Feature request , Import and export , Performance , Print and publish , Scripting , SDK , Sync and storage , Third party plugins , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & Illustrator? Do you see this behavior while working with a specific file? 

We'd also appreciate if you could share a small video of the workflow for better understanding. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines