• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Improvements to Smart Guides and Snapping

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an old school user still on CS5 Illustrator.

I've been using illustrator for about 20 years and the smart guide and snapping has always driven me bonkers, never working as clean as I expect.  If I have an artboard with multiple objects on it, if I'm going to zoom in to full I always notice a sloppy snapping job.  You literally have to zoom in to the absolute max and the objects never seem to snap that well.

It appears that many times the smart guide is trying to have the object snap to something 3 artboards across instead of the object directly beside it of the identical shape.

Are there any improvements since CS5 in respect to better logic or control of the snapping/smart guides?  Like turning off far away objects in the snapping consideration?
Thanks for the advice!

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand the issue you have faced while using the Smart Guides. Would you mind checking if changing the tolerance to 1 from The Illustrator preferences > Smart Guides helps? Also, ensure that you are using the correct snapping options while aligning objects using Smart Guides.

A couple of new Snap to options are available in the current version of Illustrator compared to CS5, which might help your workflow.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines