Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign and Illustrator UI too small

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have the problem that the UI of Illustrator and InDesign is too small. Photoshop and Muse scale the UI just fine, whereas InDesign's and Illustrator's interface is not usable. In the settings, the scaling is already set to the highest value, so I do not understand why the UI is still small. It is a very frustrating issue, since it is a real pain to work with these small icons.

I am on a Thinkpad T570 with a 4K-Panel, Windows 10 scaling is set to 250%. I added a screenshot where you can see the difference between the UI of PS and ID.Unbenannt.PNG

Thanks in advance for your help!

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Hi there,

We are glad to inform you that this has been addressed in our latest update released today. Please install and let us know if that helps

1) Do one of the following:

• (Windows) Choose Edit > Preferences > User Interface.
  • (macOS) Choose Illustrator > Preferences > User Interface.

2) Adjust the UI Scaling slider. A preview of the scaled UI is displayed in the Preferences dialog box.

3) Select the Scale Cursor Proportionately option to scale the cursor icons in proportion to the UI.

4) To apply t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, InDesign's interface is just as small. How do we tell Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have the UI Scaling slider under (macOS) Choose Illustrator > Preferences > User Interface. Its missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen the "solution" answer below: a slider to adjust the scaling on the UI, but mine doesn't have that slider (it only has a light/dark slider but not a size one. What's the deal, it looks like this bug hasn't been fixed for at least 2 years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont seem to haVE that option

Daniel saxton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still pulling my hair our over this. I have downloaded and installed the latest CSS updates and still do not see the UI slider in  Edit/Preferences/User Interface in Adobe Illustrator CS6. These tiny icons are making this software unusable. Windows 10, latestest Adobe updates. Any assistance warmly appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eugene,

So sorry about this frustration. This feature was added in version 2019 and is unavailable for any version before that. We strongly recommend upgrading your software to a newer version that is supported. That way, we can provide you access to the latest updates and bug fixes. I apologize for the frustration. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too, am having this problem. Too small to see. I have done everything in the settings with the UI and I have updated. I just purchased InDesign this year, 2020, so all the updates that are being talked about should be installed. Please help and thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign doesn't have UI scaling.

As for Illustrator: can you please tell us which system you have and also which hardware/monitor/graphic card you use. Is there more than one monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carol,

Thanks for reaching out. You can scale the user interface of Illustrator based on your screen resolution. When you launch Illustrator with fresh preference settings, it identifies your screen resolution and adjusts the application scale factor accordingly.

I would suggest if you could share few more details along with the ones asked by Monika. For example:

• OS and version of Illustrator
  • Screenshot of Illustrator and InDesign UI.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Pete's sake, tell the engineers to please get this feature -- UI scaling -- in to InDesign!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Do you have any updates on how this works? they seem to have chnages the menu 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But will be able to enlarge InDesign's UI icons?

Also: is there a way to downsize the desktop space around the page(s)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines