• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

inexplicable error when trying to open Illustrator PDFs in Photoshop

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resave AI files in AI PDF format, open the PDF in Photoshop and print from there. Reason: they print incorrect size from AI (about 97%). Clunky but it works, or did until this morning when quite suddenly AI PDFs open with nothing but an error msg "telling me to resave the AI file with "Create PDF Compatible File" option turned on. It IS turned on. This happened first with a 106mb AI file so I thought maybe it's a RAM issue but I tried opening tiny AI PDFs in PS and got the same result. Again, this glitch seems to have come out of nowhere, didn't result from any conscious action on my part. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without exact system info or other technical details like exact versions of the programs.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That really is clunky. Try opening and printing with Acrobat instead. If it won't open it either Illustrator is doing something strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines