• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to fill a 'template' file with pngs

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a template file which mirrors a milled jig to print 100+ NFC cards at once. Is there any way that I can take the NFC file designs and drop them into the template file so that they populate the 'boxes' I've created for the designs.

At the moment, I'm dragging them into place one at a time which is very time consuming!

Screen Shot 2023-10-26 at 7.52.12 PM.png

TOPICS
How-to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Alexander Ladygin has a nice script called "Harmonizer".

Perhaps you can adapt it.

Harmonizer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format is the NFC design in the folder? They must be linked images or embedded in a file for printing? Will these circles become clipping masks? Should the imported file be placed proportionally within the circle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The NFC is a png and they are almost always individual designs so I'm putting 100+ different designs in the template. They can be either linked or embedded for printing. The imported files need to be centered withing each of the circles. I'm importing the NFCs onto a new layer and, after centering, I hide the layer with the circles so they don't print and only the imported files print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if the PNG is larger than the diameter of the circle? Do you scale the image size to the size of a circle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Normally the png is the correct size and fits well within the circle. Occasionally I get something that's slightly bigger and has a bleed which is fine. If the png is sent the wrong size then I have to resize it but, for this question I'm assuming that the pngs are the correct size for the print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alexander Ladygin has a nice script called "Harmonizer".

Perhaps you can adapt it.

Harmonizer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines