• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is it possible to move each color on its own layer?

Participant ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all

I'm in search of a way (or script) that can seperate each object with the same fill color on its own layer.

The aim/scope is so that when I trace an image and limit the amount of colors I would like to have them in seperate layers for later processing in another app. Right now im doing it manually and its ok, but since I have plenty of artworks to do this manner it would help to have some automation/script/easier method of doing it.

thnks in advance

TOPICS
Draw and design , Scripting , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

You can find many Compound Patths after Image Trace.

Just check the Document Info Panel on Objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there, sorry for my delay in replying, got held with work.
I've tried your script and it does seperate them in different layers, but as noted by the other user is eliminates compound paths. In my case I dont think it would be a big deal since I might be restacking the items individually, so i think its still a huge help to have the first big step done automatically. Not sure if ur still interested in knowing my workflow or not by now, if so let me know and I can provide you with some shots (sometimes i take a while to reply depends on my work schedule)

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, I tried your script and this error pops up. Is there any way to fix it? Thank you!

superm77223530_0-1609015803465.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines