• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to show the transparency grid in Extendscript?

Enthusiast ,
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to find "transparencyGrid" in the OMV and documentation, although it looks like it's only for new documents, and only logs color. I like all my files to open with the transparency grid showing, and would like to be able to batch this in a smart fashion. Currently I have it toggling the grid, but if it's already transparent it toggles it to white.

THE BELOW WILL NOT WORK, but here's a scripting example of what I'd like to be able to do:
if(app.activeDocument.transparencyGrid.visible == FALSE) app.activeDocument.transparencyGrid.visible = TRUE;

Not sure if this option exists anywhere, or if I'm looking in the wrong place, but this would be a great help to me. Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure you could do something like the following;

if (DocumentTransparencyGrid.TransparencyGridNone == true)

{

DocumentTransparencyGrid.TransparencyGridDark

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it doesn't. The OMV mentions it's only for new video files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 28, 2015 Feb 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

iamwickedtall1 wrote:

transparency grid -> Currently I have it toggling the grid, but if it's already transparent it toggles it to white.

So what are you using for the toggle code that is half working? Show that.

------------

I don't have CS6 to verify it, but If you are using CS6 and above you can try something like below, using executeMenuCommand:

app.executeMenuCommand('TransparencyGrid Menu Item');

If it works, then it would toggle to the opposite state every time its called, just like accessing the menu in the IDE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines