• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer Locking in inconsistent in Illustrator 2019 on macOS Mojave

Contributor ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that my ability to toggle between locking and unlocking a layer has been inconsistent lately.  Right now I have a piece open where I am having to lock and unlock individual elements on my first layer, because I can't do it on the layer itself.  It can't be a setting because the 2nd layer toggles just fine.  This isn't the first time this has happened lately.  I'm wondering if it is a known bug.  I am running cc2019 on an iMac with OS Mojave.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I would request if you can check if it is happening on a specific file or multiple files? If it is happening on multiple files, could you please try resetting the preferences and check if that makes the difference. Please try the steps shared below to reset the preferences:

• Close Illustrator.
  • Click on the Finder icon on the dock, choose Go on the top> Go To Folder.
  • In the Go To Folder dialog box, type "~/Library". Click Go.
  • Open the Preferences Folder > rename the Illustrator  23 Settings folder to Illustrator  23 Settings folder.old
  • Under Preferences, Open Adobe folder and rename Adobe Illustrator folder to Adobe Illustrator.old
  • Go back to library->open caches->rename  com.adobe.illustrator to com.adobe.illustrator.old
  • Go back to library->open application support-> open adobe->rename the Illustrator  23 folder to Illustrator  23 folder.old

Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings. 

Regards

Rishabh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines