• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Learning to Paint and Draw with Illustrator

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to learn how to draw and paint with Illustrator. What do you think is the best method to achieve this? Would it be video class, tutorials, books, one-on-one teaching? Any advice will be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every person learns in a different way. Nobody else can tell you what is the best method for you. The methods that you've already suggested all sound like they could be right depending on your own personality.

More specifically, sites like Lynda.com offer really extensive courses presented by some of the top professionals in the field. Amazon carries many books that offer an up-to-date education including the classic "Adobe Illustrator CC Classroom in a Book (2017 release)".

I would offer though one piece of personal advice that has always served me well. If doing a training video or reading a book or any other "learn as you go" methods only continue each session up to the point when your brain begins to feel like mush. At that point stop and come back another time. You would be surprised at how well that works in making sure that you retain what you learn.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with that. I would like to know more about what you might recommend in video learn as you go using the tools for painting and drawing .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When searching for Adobe training you would perhaps want to check out the individual trainers for their artistic background. Many instructors do such a vast amount of different things in Illustrator, but there are also some artists among them.

Regarding online classes: there are some on Lynda.com, and again it depends on the trainer's individual background.

You might also want to take a look at skillshare.com. Many illustrators and artists use it to povide rather specialized trainings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bill said, everyone learns differently. But if you're looking for one-on-one or classroom training, check out Adobe's Training Partners at Adobe Partner Finder | Adobe Training & Certification

You'll find a lot of the top instructors in the world including many of the ACPs answering questions on this forum. I'm sure you'll connect with a great Adobe training provider near you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question is: do you know how to paint and only want to learn specific techniques in Illustrator?

Or don't you have any clue as to where to begin with painting in general?

It would also help to know what kind of look you're after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can paint and draw. I'd like to learn in illustrator in order to create vector art.

I'm going for a realistic look but not photo real.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might perhaps like the trainings Von Glitschka has on Lynda.com

Also take a look at his weekly series. If I remember correctly the current episode is free for all for a week and then you need a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi... Just in case you do not want or can't afford a training and want or additionally want that one to one extendable to a many to many training. you seem to be a sociable person asking this question. If you like we can exchange knowledge or connect via social media: Felix Czeck | Facebook  my website is www.Synthesis.agency.

Sinserely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your intention to learn?

Illustrator techniques and tools?

Or rather how to paint?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your intention to learn?

I'd like to create original paintings of fish and animals for my own line of sportspersons decals.

Illustrator techniques and tools?

I'm not sure

Or rather how to paint?

Painting for sure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you would also like to tune into this for the next 3 days:

Adobe Live - Creative Cloud live streams

Focus on Illustration this time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines