• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

looking for some help on patterns

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I make a pattern in a 1 inch square box, why when I make a 1 inch square box and fill it with the pattern it is different?

The original pattern is made from the one on the left. seems like if I filled a box of the same size it would be identical?? I guess I'm looking for more controls and understanding of patterns.

Thanks

Everett

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

the image on the right is tiled from the center... if you set it to tile from top left then it will look the same as the image on the left

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lounge Forum is not for technical help, please provide the name of the program you are using so your message may be moved to the correct program forum... A program would be Photoshop or Dreamweaver or InDesign or Illustrator or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is illustrator cs6

Everett Carson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the image on the right is tiled from the center... if you set it to tile from top left then it will look the same as the image on the left

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When tiling Illustrator always starts at the origin of the document's coordinate system. No matter where the object is located

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines