Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low Poly Live Paint Issues

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Recently I was working on another low poly piece and I tried using live paint to fill the triangles but the live paint bucket will not recognize any of the triangles even when I have the entire layer selected.

suhaygdfhosieuuygsoi.JPG

It will only register a select few triangles where I can use the eyedropper and live paint. Otherwise, it will just color every triangle (Screenshots won't show the mouse)

2019-04-21 (1).png

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to these screenshots you have NOTHING selected. There's not much else to go on here.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aidan

Maybe provide  the illustrator file  via dropbox, Google drive. Adobe Cloud etc , and provide the link here

So someone can better deternine the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not required to select the Live Paint group in order to "paint" with the Live Paint Bucket (it is required when using the Shape Builder tool instead).

And I don't think it has to do with the tiny size of the triangular areas that are going to be filled with the Live Paint Bucket. See image below as an example for a ludicrously small Live Paint group. Filling it with the Live Paint Bucket does work smoothly.

lp_tiny_001.png

I can imagine that there are actually very small (invisible) gaps at the frog contstruction. Therefore I'd suggest to turn on Gap Detection in the Gap Options dialog (see Object > Live Paint > Gap Options).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry for the late reply I was having Issues with my computer, I did find some gaps and then I filled them in, and then it still didn't work, so I just made a new triangle and that singular triangle was able to be live painted on. So, I just merged it with the whole piece and then I could live paint with the entire frog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show what is inside the POLY Layer in the Layers panel?

Is there a group named Live Paint ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines