• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magic spacing

Contributor ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all iam making more then 100 pages book in indesign see there is equal spacing in between these lines that i marked with red , now the issue is that i want to increase the spacing between these set of lines but the issue is that not equally increasing or distrubuting spacing equally due to letter of q crossing the bottom lines. 

now in this situation how we add more equal space between them  like 0.25 inches , i think its simple things that is missing commands in illustrator and indesign  accorinding to my experience. 

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 3.51.24 PM.pngLetter-Q-Tracing-Printable-Worksheet-Color.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Experiment , How-to , Import and export , Performance , Print and publish , Scripting , Sync and storage , Third party plugins , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Assuming each “line” is a group of paths, and the cyan path always marks the topmost edge of each group, select all groups and apply the first Distribute Objects option (not Distribute Spacing):

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 12.59.25.png

That will give you a constant distance from one cyan line to the next, regardless of any descenders.

p.s. It’s polite to post questions to relevant Topics only, which for this question would be “How-to” and “Tools”.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What ist your question? 
  2. Is this an InDesign question? (We are here in the Illustrator Forum)
  3.  Do you work with one text frame?
  4. Do you work with paragraph styles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming each “line” is a group of paths, and the cyan path always marks the topmost edge of each group, select all groups and apply the first Distribute Objects option (not Distribute Spacing):

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 12.59.25.png

That will give you a constant distance from one cyan line to the next, regardless of any descenders.

p.s. It’s polite to post questions to relevant Topics only, which for this question would be “How-to” and “Tools”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😄

Hi @hhas01 

In case the P.S. was meant for me:

I asked my questions to find out which solutions are possible for which programme and whether the topic should perhaps be moved to another forum.

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nice bro solved the spacing issue , bundle of thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@rehana36276218 

It's good that you've found an answer for yourself. 

I therefore assume that your question is an Illustrator question. And you are probably working with fonts that have been converted to paths. 

Two more notes: this approach is only suitable for fonts where the k-line is lower than the H-line.

And it is always better to work with live text and use the settings that a font offers (for example: line spacing).

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines