• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Map a logo to 3D cylinder in Illustrator - without getting mangled

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2024 Oct 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to curve a logo around a 3d bottle shape in Illustor. I created the bottle to wrap the loga around but I do not want the bottle to appear - just the wrapped logo. I may be misinformed, but from what I read in other posts - Illustrator;s newer 3D features do not let you supress/make objects you are mapping onto transparent - BUT the older/legacy 3D Revolve features DO allow you to make the object invisible. Where I get stuck is that apparently there is a major limitation in the legacy 3D features. Vector logos very often get distorted when you wrap around a cylinder but in the newer 3D features they nver get distorted. 

I simply need the logo wrapped around the surface of the cylinder - but not have the cylinder appear. From what I read - everyone says to use the Legacy 3D Revolve - but that doesnt work because the VECTOR logos get mangled. And I need to use vector vs raster.

Thanks for your help.

“If there is meaning in life at all, then there must be meaning in suffering.”
TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2024 Oct 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try it this way?

text around a cylinder.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2024 Oct 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THe logos get mangled and distorted in the new 3D function, not the old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines