• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

March 2018 update to Illustrator CC (22.1) is here!

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, we're releasing Illustrator CC (22.1) which is available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application. We're excited to announce several new features and fix for nearly 21 top customer bugs/issues reported on our UserVoice website.

Top Features of the Release

• See on-screen controls clearly - You can now increase the size of anchor points, handles, and bounding boxes making them even easier to work with.
  • Merge data using CSV files - It’s easier than ever to merge data in the Variables Panel now that you can use CSV or XML files.
  • Import multiple page PDFs - Save time when you import all the pages of a PDF all at once. You can choose a page range or select individual pages.
  • Dropbox Smart Sync improvements - Now you can browse your Dropbox files without inadvertently downloading them.
  • Refer to this page for further details.

Top Issues fixed with the release

• We have fixed 21 issues this release as reported on our UserVoice website. Please refer to this page for details of these bugs.
  • We have also fixed top 20 customer submitted crashes across MAC and Win through the crash reporter.
  • A big thank you to all of you who take time to report issues on UserVoice and submit crash reports. Thank you, we are getting stable because of your feedback. Please continue to vote on our UserVoice and submit crash reports so that we can pick the right set of bugs for the next release.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi  | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Adobe. Make It an Experience.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JustinCowts  wrote

Any support for not loading files?

Tried restarting computer/quitting/reloading AI.

your copy of Illustrator looks awful. Please email us at sharewithai@adobe.com this is not something that we have seen on MAC. We have seen this a few times on windows where it was resolved with the display driver update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I'll check if GPU performance is turned on or not and post back.

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 8.43.29 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that was it. Turned off GPU Performance and I can work again.

Mac OS X 10.11.6

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GP 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please try to turn on app frame and then turn on GPU and see if your issue gets resolved. App frame can be turned on by going to Windows-> Application Frame. Check it on. If your issue then still persists please revert.

Thanks,

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Justin,

Can you please try to turn on your app frame and try to open files. For turning on app frame go to Windows->Application Frame. Check it on. after this open your files with GPU on. Please revert back if your issue is not resolved.

Thanks,

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New update breaks GPU support on MacOS. I get a big red workspace screen that cannot be removed until you disable GPU Performance. Do not update to this new version! Please fix this Adobe as not good enough to say just turn off GPU Performance.

MacOS Sierra V10.12.6

Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB and Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, but I get a black workspace screen instead of red. HUGE PROBLEM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same GPU problems here. Since updating to the March 2018 update, I get a black screen whenever I open or create a file. The fix for me is to turn off GPU Performance in Preferences. This is not an acceptable long-term solution.

MacBook Pro, mid-2014, 16GB RAM

Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing for me on 2016 MacBook Pro with Radeon Pro 460 4GB. Horrible update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are investigating the issue and sorry for the inconvenience it is causing.Till then you can use the following workaround  .Turn on Application Frame by going to Windows-> Application Frame, Check it on.

Furthermore, if problem is not solved , set your preference to open files as tabs. For this Go to Preferences-> User Interface-> Open documents as tabs.

Thanks,

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sara khan​  It seems there are several different issues in this thread.  Yes MOST of them are discussions around the GPU setting, but there are a few others as well.

For example my concern about AI crashing when zooming in on a traced layer.  I don't have a iMac Pro but my MacBook pro with a 2.8 ghz processor i7 and 16GB or ram is by no way a "wimpy" device either.

The files I am working on have 6~7 layers of traced images brining the layer number to about 12~14 layers.  I think AI should not crash with this file and GPU turned off.  Yeah I always use tabs anyway, but this is one file at a time.

May I suggest that this thread be broken down into specific issues and associated threads with the invested parties being updated when posts are made?  I think if the issues were qualified and broken down into specific tasks that might help.

I would welcome a reply to the issue I am seeing and to my suggestion.

Regards,

-John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Can you please log a bug on uservoice so that your concerned issue can get prioritized.

Thanks,

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure happy to.

Where is that ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Doug. Sorry John for the delay.The link mentioned by Doug is uservoice portal and you can report your bug and get it priortized based on the number of votes.

Thanks,

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same red work space issue. BUT, when I open a file or create a new file it shows up red, I then select the illustrator file maximize button (green button on a Mac) and the red goes away and I am still using the GPU. not a solution of course, but maybe a indicator of something.

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 2.48.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 2.40.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still yet to receive the update.

I've been waiting for 2 days. What's up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the CC app and click the 3 dots in the upper right corner to check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ton,

I just did, only my XD has the update button.

Every other app says up to date    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

loveadeola  wrote

Hi Ton,

I just did, only my XD has the update button.

Every other app says up to date    

are you on mac os? what version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 10 latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends also in which country you are. Europe was sometime later than the announcement.

I got also updates for InDesign and Photoshop.

Try to quit the CC app and restart it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all the hard work!

Looking forward for new updates and fixes...

Remember the preview mode..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you and the team very much for paying attention to the list of small UI buglets in the last version. They are not show-stoppers, but when you live inside Illustrator every day, those things really frustrate. I really appreciate the fast response to the community's requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if I am missing something. You can now open a PDF using all pages and it will open all pages as artboards, however... you cant just select "page 2" (etc...) and have it open page 2... it will always open page 1.
Is this a bug now? You can open page 2 by typing in the number 2 below the page preview...
Nice of Adobe to add that multi artboard open, but... why kill the old feature totally?

Anyone else noticing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines