• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Kinks in Ai ..

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, when the Pandemic hit we all went home. We all started using DropBox for work, we still do as we have people who WFH .. INDD works great with placed files ... it goes like this .. 

KEN;
I create work in INDD and place images from a folder that all the studio are using.
So any updates will update in all INDD files. 
DAN;
Opens my INDD file to do amends, and there are no issues with any placed files, Vector / Photoshop etc.. 

Adobe Illustrator.
Now, this is how it goes .. 
KEN;

I create artwork in Ai and place files, Photoshop/JPG/PNG etc .. LINK to not embedded.
DAN;

Opens my Ai file to do amends, and all the LINKS are missing, so he has to go to a folder where the common files are sat that everyone is using and relink. 
KEN
Then I get amends, and they are unlinked again... What Is Happening? 

I've read that the files in a folder called LINKS placed next to the Ai will relink, but if these are common files used across a job from one folder, that can't happen. Any retouching etc has to be done once and updated. 
Also, this only happens when using DROPBOX / BOX Cloud servers .. not in house servers .. 
Anyone any ideas how to correct.
Thanks

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Ken: place files, Photoshop/JPG/PNG, where are they coming from? Would need to be a shared server account.

Share a cloud folder, and make subfolders in there to organize you assets, have everyone use this folder.

MikeGondek_0-1659718043500.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll take a look at that, thanks .. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines