Jul 08, 2011 Jul 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allow more than 100 art boards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Hello, all! I think that you will be happy to learn that the 100 artboards limit will soon be a thing of the past (alongside many artboards improvements): https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/artboard-upgrades-coming-in-illustrator/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to request the feature here to get anywhere. Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree - and ability to auto resize the artboards to fit the content automatically instead of having to resize by hand - needs to be pixel perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the auto fit already exists. If you group your contents and then click on them using the artboard tool, it creates an artboard to the exact pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

999 artboard please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can think of no reason Adobe would limit the number of artboards in Illustrator, other than this is a deep-ingrained architectural limitation smacking of poor design.  Hard to imagine.  Honestly, who is going to need 80 artboards and never 120?  or 200? or 500?

Icons/button design is the obvious use case.

This is very un-Adobe-like

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please we need more than 100 artboards.

I've got an icon font and need more than 100 icons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so f* ridiculous and annoying i can't tell....shame on you adobe! I ve read a 2 year old thread where it says it's on your list and nothing happend??? unlimited artboards is a must....when the time is right i hope to shift to affinity designer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have since move on to Sketch. If you haven't tried it it's much better for UI design than illustrator is. FYI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree. This halts production insanely much and forcing me to use Sketch instead.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the arrival of Adobe XD, this issue of limitless artboards and endless canvas becomes less important for majority of us designing UI and interactions. It permits limitless artboards, just as SketchApp. I read lots of people moving to Sketch. Instead, I have tried to move to Adobe XD. It still lacks lots of features, but I have a feeling that their team is continuously working on it and releasing updates. So, in combination with Illustrator, it is much more powerful than Sketch. Adobe XD has a prototyping solution too, so you do not need Invision or Marvel.

It would be nice to know what is the Adobe strategy on Adobe XD and Illustrator regarding Interaction Design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 years after the original post and still no solution? Year on year out we get all kinds of stupid new "features" but rarely any solutions to actual existing problems. Shame on you Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! I'm preparing a course for wich I need to use about 250 explanative cards. Keeping each in a single artboards would allow me to export them selectively much quicker.

Please increase the limit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 years and not even a comment from a community manager? Why is adobe the only software developer I know that 1st result google searches never yield solution but almost decade long undressed issues?

Just hit the artboard limit for the millionth time, I'm not doing rocket science here. I shouldn't have 6+documents for my companies deck, website and collateral icons. I own Sketch but but haven't been using it for icons as I rely heavily on the Shape Builder tool to move quickly in Illustrator.

Probably not going to use Adobe's Sketch rip off when it releases anyways, Sketch has support of a lot of community devs and their internal team is constantly integrating feedback. Step your game Adobe, be a big boy and put that subscription revenue to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, this limit of artboard is really AWKWARD!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been fixed yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Illustrator, I have been a fan and devoted user for almost 20 years now. Bit by bit, your capabilities are being replaced by other software, so please concentrate on what you do best, enabling the creation of vector artwork. We need more than 100 artboards, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all! I think that you will be happy to learn that the 100 artboards limit will soon be a thing of the past (alongside many artboards improvements): https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/artboard-upgrades-coming-in-illustrator/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Six years, this thread is like a little slice of adobe history.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many requests that have been made years ago for most software, we all want a lightweight, streamlined application that only does what we need... but almost every user's needs are different...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't get me wrong, I think Adobe has been more active than ever in addressing issues with software with the addition of the Creative Cloud + Subscription model. I also am aware that Adobe is not purely a software company, there are many channels that require just as much time and investment (Stock, Ad Platform etc.)

'There are many requests that have been made years ago for most software, we all want a lightweight, streamlined application that only does what we need... but almost every user's needs are different...'

Artboards are not a niche feature that only some Illustrator designers choose to use, it is required to do anything at all within the software itself. All users need artboards, it probably shouldn't take 6 years to address if professionals are vocal about needing more.

THAT SAID the updates coming down the pipe for Illustrator go above and beyond in addressing this issue! The ability to generate a max of 1,000 artboards and to organize them will make my life much much easier and I am very happy about that. Thank you for linking it.

Now that this issue has been solved, I look forward to moving back Illustrator as my main design software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find 100 totally frustrating! why so few in a world of endless possibilities

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree, but this will be solved in an upcoming patch as stated by PE above.

https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/artboard-upgrades-coming-in-illustrator/

This thread will probably be closed soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines