• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Transform> Again To Same Size If Originals are different widths.

Enthusiast ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating vertical bars - actually resizing ones that were sent to me for some charts. Hundreds of them! The Vertical bars are differ in width size by a slight bit. To automate the task - I go to their width in the bar across the top with their measurement - and click .5 - which is the desired width. I'd like then, to click on each bar and use > Comm + D so they all become .5" wide. But that only works if the original bars are the same width. It seems to be resizing the next ones as a ratio / percent - instead of just making the bar .5" wide. So Comm + D makes them all different widths according to their original width INSTEAD of just making them the .5' I was hoping for.

Is there a way I can get the Comm+ D to give me the size - and not the % of the transformation.

To clarify: I want to assign the transformation - of making slightly different widths/measurements transform to a specific size, even if the objects I am transforming are not originally all the same size - using the same, simple key command over & over again. Many tahnks in advance! BTW - CS6!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the script "Set all the things" by John Wundes: www.wundes.com (in the scripts section)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika, Thank You So Much! And have a wonderful new year!!! This forum is a treasure!!!! I love discovering new scripts! Thanks YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy New Year, karenf1!

Mine has just started 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or Select the objects you want to change. Use the Convert to Shape (rectangle) effect, setting the width to the exact size and then expand the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Larry, Thank You So Much! And have a wonderful new year!!! This forum is a treasure!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines