First off I am not an Adobe wizard by any means but I have designed about 20 logos using illustrator and I love the software. I am having a small issue while trying to export an SVG of a design I made for Game Con Canada. I have exported this logo many times as an SVG but recently I get this?
Here is a screenshot of the last version I exported that looks correct:
The above is what I am getting now. All I did was clean up the lines and made a new mask of the controller using pathfinder so I could change the colour of the pixels located inside the controller.
Just looking for some advice.
Let me move this to the Illustrator forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.
The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs, installation issues, or account issues such as subscription questions or billing problems, or generalized questions about Creative Cloud services.
* Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.
* Installation questions should be posted in the Download & Install community.
* Account issues, including subscription questions or billing problems, should be posted in the Account, Payment, & Plan community.
* Questions about the Creative Cloud desktop app or general questions about apps in the Creative Cloud should be posted to the Creative Cloud Services community.
So the only change is the color of the lines inside the controller?
And it looks correct in Illustrator?
How did you change that color?
Exactly how do you view that SVG when it shows the issue?
Thank you for your reply:)
2. I changed the colour of the stroke from green to pink inside the controller
3. I am opening the SVG in a browser and that is the image it gives me.
Not sure what is going wrong?
Thank you for you interest and help on this.
There are no screenshots in your post - not sure if you included any, but it would help.
If it looks OK in Illustrator when you are exporting it and the exported file is valid and looks OK in a browser, then it's OK. If you change something in a different environment and then it's not OK, then Illustrator cannot do anything about that.
Sorry, this is my first time looking for advice on a forum. I will add some screenshots of what is happening.
Attached are two files:
LOL as you can see something is getting lost in translation 🙂
That doesn't look good.
Is this the latest Illustrator version? 26.2.1
Did you use Export for screens?
Try all the different styling settings?
You could report a bug to http://illustrator.uservoice.com