• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

need a way to have two text fields touch each other after script has run

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a customer that sends me data in a csv that i use a script to import the data variables into the art files to print.  issue is there is a "Register" R symbol that has to be next to the imported text.

currently i am having to go into each file  which is hundreds of files and manually move the "R" next to each text box.  is there a way to automate this action . 

TOPICS
Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way i could do it is if there was away to have an image be attached to the right side of "text" so that when the text was imported the image would move just to the right of the "text" being imported   any thoughts on that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

You should set an example...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @renél80416020 said, an example would help a lot here. My first question is, why not add the "®" to the text itself? Your existing script could probably be modified more easily to do this. Or, even better, use a text editor to add the symbol to the csv file before running the script.

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You really need to provide Before and After example screenshots so we can see what you’re talking about.

That said, if you want a “®” symbol to appear at the end of the text, is there a reason your script can’t just append the Unicode character (U+00AE) to the string before it inserts it?

textFrame.contents = productName + "\u00AE"

Much, much simpler than putting it in a separate text frame which requires repositioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines