• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need all my Fonts!

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had my computer worked on, and now Illustrator dosen't have all the fonts i used to have, all in 1 folder.  most are .ttf fonts that i have collected over the years.  UGH.  how can i tell Illustrator to look in another folder for all fonts?  HELP!

TOPICS
How-to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a font manager you might be able to activate them on a project basis.

But apart from that: fonts need to be installed in the system.

Also: current versions will not work with PostScript Type1 fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on a Mac you can install your fonts into your User Font folder. Any programs that you are using will be able to access them.

To find the User Font folder on a Mac:

The User Library folder in which the User Font folder can be found is hidden by default on most Macintoshes. To access it with illustrator closed click on the desktop to launch a Finder Window (Command-N). With this window in column view follow the path User>Home folder (it’s the folder with an icon that looks like a house—it may have the user’s name rather than “Home”) and click on the Home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. “Library” will now appear within the Home folder. Within the Library folder find the folder called Fonts. You can place all of your fonts in that folder. When you next launch Illustrator you should see all of the fonts that you've loaded. Keep in mind that the fonts will always be open this way and may give you quite a long font list. It is usually a better idea to get a font utility like Suitcase that will manage fonts more efficiently.

To install fonts on a PC see: https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-install-fonts-in-windows-10/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you have any backups of your font files on separate discs? If your fonts were purchased from a commercial site, such as the MyFonts website, it might be possible to log into your user account and download new copies of the purchased fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines