• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help with Illustrator Lag on Large Files

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I'm working on a project in Illustrator and need some help. I'm creating a detailed vector design, but the file gets slow as it gets bigger. I've already made some layers and paths simpler, but it's still lagging. Does anyone have tips to make Illustrator run faster or manage big files better? I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, several solution can be proposed. 
- upgrade your computer performance; GPU, RAM

- tune up your prefs to optimise your performance

- hide layers

- set some layers in outline preview

- spread your project over several illustrator files and collect them into Indesign or Ai.

for now this is what I can propose.

if you thinks this can help you give a correct answer. Thx. Greetings 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using lots of raster effects (e.g. blur, drop shadow, the Photoshop ones below the divider) those will be rendered, even for hidden objects and layers and even in Artwork view. You can speed them up by reducing the resolution in Effects > Document Raster Effect Settings.

If you import images from other files, make sure you place them as linked, not embedded. Do not paste.

Bonus: You can speed up saving and openeing your file by doing a Save As and turning off PDF Compatibility. The file will only be readable by Illustrator. No rendering in Photoshop or placing in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines