Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Illustrator 2022 - 3D object effect converts vector in image

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to create an isometric illustration and I'm using Illustrator 2022. The issue is that when I extrude an object using that effect, the vector object becomes an image (I can see the pixels) and it can't be modified after you have done. The previous version worked beautifully, now this is useless! why would I want to use a bitmap in my vector file? is this a bug or something?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

It is a new 3D effect (Technology Preview), but the good old one is still there (named 3D  Classic).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a new 3D effect (Technology Preview), but the good old one is still there (named 3D  Classic).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ton! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please describe step by step at which point in your workflow it's converted to pixels?

Is it not editable anymore or does it just look like pixels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure out how to do this? I don't see a "3D classic" option anywhere. Adobe should have explained this since so many people used the 3D tool for vector objects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Illustrator had a bug. Deleted the program and installed it and the 3D Classic was there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same here. Illustrator 2023 converts 3d objects to image when saved. Although not always…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe, in the pane for "3D and Materials", Under "Object" / "3D Type"  / "Pane" there is a button under "Quick Actions" at the bottom of the pane you can click: "Expand as Wireframes" that will convert the 3D object to vectors. However, it is not perfect. The Materials and Lighting effects don't convert as they seem to be a raster effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines