• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New shortcuts for Bold/Italic/Underline not work

Engaged ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why aren't the new shortcuts for bold/italic/underline working? I didn't change the default Ai shortcuts. The font I used is Arial, which has bold/italic styles. My Adobe Illustrator version is 2024 28.3.0.94.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the font styles are installed?

And how did you select the tet? You need to select the text with the text tool for this to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After selecting the text, I press "Ctrl+Shift+B" for bold, but nothing happens. Yes, Bold and Italic styles are available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you selected the text with the text tool? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes., with the "Type" tool not the "Move" tool. Actually, highlight the text with the Type tool and press the shortcuts, and nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to use the new shortcuts in the latest version of Illustrator on Windows 10 and so far I can confirm that it doesn't seem to work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this. I swear I tried it when I first found out about the new shortcut and it worked, but today I cannot get it to work. I am running AI 28.3 and it gives me a little error ding sound when I try to use the shortcut shift+ctrl+i to italicize or de-italicize. I tested shift+ctrl+b for kicks and it also does not work and makes the digning noise. My text is Gotham Narrow Medium and I have the medium italic, bold, and bold italic installed as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows (10), it does work in the latest beta version of Illustrator, but not in the latest regular (international) versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Macbook Pro running Sonoma 14.3. I am running Adobe Illustrator 28.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you select the text with the text tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it was selected. I had a specific word selected within a text box

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already updated to 28.4 and I am running Illustrator on a Mac, but not Sonoma.

Which ones are not working for you? Underline should always work. Bold and italic will only work when there is an appropriate font style installed. Illustrator does not fatten or slant text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah as I mentioned in my first comment I have the font styles installed. Not sure how you're on 28.4 - I'm set up for automatic downloads and CC is acting like I'm on the latest build using 28.3, I don't see an option for a beta for 28.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

28.4 is a released version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Helpful. How/where did you download it? In the CC app, this is what it shows me when I check for updates.

elizabeths61297746_0-1711588087896.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines