Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Non linear vector distortion

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a rectangular vector file in ai or pdf format and I'd like to apply a distortion to it on the Y axis, but in a non-linear way, following either a grid or ideally a mathematical formula.

Indeed, the stretching becomes more and more important towards the bottom of the layout.
Is it possible to do this kind of distortion in Illustrator?
If that is possible can I also apply that on a non vectorised text?
Thanks in advance,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Illustrator forum so that proper help can be offered.

Scroll down here to see a list of the forums:
https://community.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Illustrator has several effects in the Effect>Warp menu and a few in the Effect>Distort & Transform menu. The effects work fine on individual objects and even object groups. Live type objects can be included. If the artwork is complicated the results might be more iffy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you perhaps show an example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need to obtain a circular file from the rectangular file.
As you can see, the difference in latitudes is not linear, there is a narrowing of distances.
On the other hand, longitudes are regular.
I therefore thought it would be useful to perform an initial deformation on the Y axis, followed by a circular deformation. This seems simpler than a one-step deformation.
You have to understand that the grid is there for calculation purposes, but in reality there will be vectorized text and logos...
Thank you for your advice or help, it's a great help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do envelopes work for you? Object > Envelope > Warp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines