• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Package multiple ai files at once

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We currently use Art Files 3 to package multiple ai files at once without having to individually open the illustrator files.  With the new Illustrator 2023, Art Files 3 is no longer compatible and they also seem to be out of business. We send anywhere from 3-20 files at once on a regular basis. Working with multiple artboards in one file is not an option. We need to find a subsitute app or a solution that can package miltiple files, fonts and images (both embedded and linked) all at once like Art Files.  Checked out Flightcheck and it's full of bugs and errors. We can't use the AI package feature as it requires opening and packging one file at a time and doesn't not package embedded files.

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish , Scripting , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Yes, I miss Art files greatly. They had a great app and would love to know what happened.  In the meantime, I've been using "flightCheck"

https://markzware.com/products/flightcheck/

It's not a full subsitute for Art Files but it sure beats the alternative to open each individual ai file and package.  (I'm running OS Ventura 13.1 with the latest Adobe software) FightCheck will allow you to drag multiple files into a window but unlike Art Files which creates one folder for all files, FlightCheck cre

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Julie27126168keoz,

Thanks for reaching out. I checked community & google and couldn't find an alternative to Art Files 3. I would suggest you post a feature request on our UserVoice to add an option to include embedded images, package multiple files at a time, etc.
This way, you will keep getting all the updates related to this feature, and other users can also upvote, which would help us prioritize.

Also, this is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @Julie27126168keoz  - did you ever find a solution to this? we are having the same issue and are DESPERATE for an alternative... sounds like we operate with similar workflow.  i've resorted to packaging individual files currently, but with illustrator its incredibly buggy and our printers are saying they can't access the collected items/links.

most software ive looked at doesnt seem to do the same thing as artfiles and im going crazy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I miss Art files greatly. They had a great app and would love to know what happened.  In the meantime, I've been using "flightCheck"

https://markzware.com/products/flightcheck/

It's not a full subsitute for Art Files but it sure beats the alternative to open each individual ai file and package.  (I'm running OS Ventura 13.1 with the latest Adobe software) FightCheck will allow you to drag multiple files into a window but unlike Art Files which creates one folder for all files, FlightCheck creates a folder for each ai file including its fonts, linked and embbeded files. You can establish a "go to" folder for FlightCheck to create the files. When you're done, you can compress all the files together to send to your press house. Yes, duplicate fonts and images will appear due to the individual folders FlightCheck creates, but I'll let my vendors deal with that issue. What I don't like is that FlightCheck will create "embedded" files for special affects like blur, drop shadows etc. Those can be unchecked for collection but it's an extra step I like to avoid especially when I do have embedded files that I would like to inlcude in the collection in case critical last minute changes are needed. Another issue I've had is that if "Connect Fonts" client is used for font management,  FlighCheck can be little buggy. It will think a font may be missing but is not. It's an uncommon occurance but it does happen. Previously my employer used Univeral Type Client and there were no issues with FlightCheck that I had. Hope this helps, and hope the developers of Art Files return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines