• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pathfinder crop

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to use the pathfinder crop. I wonder whether the pathfinder only works for the shape. I have object created all by line and text. Then I used create outline and group it. Next I use that object to create the seamless pattern. In the final stage, I want to use the pathfinder to crop the extended line out of board, but it won't work. What should I do? Tks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot or two of what you are trying to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to use the clipping mask!

select all lines make them as a group by CTRL + G, make a rectangle on the existing artboard, select both then use the mouse right click to choose make clipping mask. or use the shortcut CTRL + 7.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before using the Crop feature in Pathfinder.

1. Select your Lines (Stroke)

2. Object>Path>Outline Stroke

3. Select objects and Apply "Crop" feature from Pathfinder Panel

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 11.49.12 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on...but the problem is the text outline disappear...It is kind of working, but not really...Do I need to create outline first included the text font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, do these steps before you define "pattern".

1. Select Outlined Text + Line

2. Object>Expand

3. Make sure you put Object on top (square, etc) – Apply "Crop" in Pathfinder Panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tks. It works. Fine...I did not expand ..just create outline looks work..Plus I did the object path outline has to do this. If not, it won't work. Tks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pathfinder works with shapes and not strokes. You will need to outline the stroke before using it!

Ch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines