• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paths not closed after DXF import

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peer & I use same pattern making software. We both export to DXF and import into AI for clean up, adding branding, etc. When she imports, her paths are closed. When I import, they're no longer closed. We've walked through it together with the same DXF file. We've tried open and place file options. Hers comes in with each shape closed, mine come in broken at each node. Same DXF file, same latest AI creative suite cloud version. 

Am I missing a setting somewhere? It costs me a lot of extra hours fixing shapes. Even with Astute Graphics Vector First Aid, it doesn't close them all for me. 

TIA

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While importing the DXF file, there are "Option" options. Have you compared them?

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever find a solution for this? Exporting DXF from SolilkdWorks and opening in AI results in the same unclosed paths. I have to join every single line connection and it's very tedious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are plugins available that can fix this for you: VectorFirstAid can do certain tasks

And then there are plugins with further options DXF import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines