Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pattern options crashes AI 28

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

I noticed v28 crashes every time I try opening pattern option. I installed v27 and pattern tool works without any issues. So for pattern making I have to.use v27. But I have no idea what is going on with v28. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @talos72

I’m sorry to hear about the crashing issue you're experiencing. Could you please provide a few more details, such as your operating system and the version of Illustrator you’re using?

Also, these problems often occur due to corrupt preferences. Please try resetting the preferences and let us know if the issue persists. We appreciate your patience and are here to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system.is Windows 10. I am using AI v28.5

I tried resetting prefs by removing setting folder and letting Illustrator rebuild it. It didn't work. I still get crash every time I open Pattern Options window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you entering the pattern options with selected artwork? How complex is that artwork? what kind of elements are selected?

Can you use the pattern options with simple artwork?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open new empty file. Draw simple square or ellipse shapes. The minute l create pattern either through menu or drag and drop in swatch window the pattern options panel opens an crash. Illustrator then closes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be somewhat unlikely, but who knows. Can you check how your color management is set up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for the heck of it, I installed AI Beta. Pattern tool works no problem, out of the box.  Something has gone awry in v28 install.

Also I did another reinstall of v28.5 without importing any settings and I still get the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @talos72

Thanks for sharing all these details. We've recently released an update for Illustrator (28.6) that includes multiple fixes. If you're not already on the latest version, we kindly request that you install it and share your observations with us. Details can be found here.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

I did update to 28.6 but the issue persists. Again, i don't have the problem with v 27 or the beta editions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines